Placing airfields and AA guns (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific

Solaristics -> Placing airfields and AA guns (1/24/2022 10:59:18 PM)

I'm trying to place an airfield in New Caledonia as the US. I have a Marine unit with the engineering speciality and an airfield ready to deploy. Noumea is in supply. I tried to place it on a hex with a coastal defence (jungle hex I think) but it didn't allow me. Does the coastal defence prevent this? I also tried to place it on an adjacent beach hex and it didn't allow me either. What exactly are the restrictions here as the manual doesn't mention beach hexes as prohibited?

Also, I placed an AA gun in Noumea and then later placed a second AA gun there but didn't notice the AA value increase. Am I missing something here?

ncc1701e -> RE: Placing airfields and AA guns (1/25/2022 6:09:53 AM)

I don't think the game supports coastal defense and airfield IN THE SAME HEX

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Placing airfields and AA guns (1/25/2022 12:59:48 PM)

1 resource per hex. WP2 will allow multiple.

Solaristics -> RE: Placing airfields and AA guns (1/25/2022 1:15:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa

1 resource per hex. WP2 will allow multiple.

Thanks for the response. What is the full list of hexes that airfields cannot be placed in? It appears they can't be placed in beach (jungle, no mountains) hexes even though these don't appear in the list of prohibited hexes in the manual.

ncc1701e -> RE: Placing airfields and AA guns (1/25/2022 5:15:57 PM)

Beaches are an exception. You can't place anything on them.

BJGeary -> RE: Placing airfields and AA guns (1/25/2022 5:47:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ncc1701e
Beaches are an exception. You can't place anything on them.

Tell that to Rommel. [:'(]

GiveWarAchance -> RE: Placing airfields and AA guns (1/25/2022 11:42:24 PM)

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Placing airfields and AA guns (1/26/2022 2:51:10 PM)

One change I am making in WP2 is that player will be able to occupy the same hex as the defender during an invasion. They have to push the defender out.
Beaches will be there just for aesthetics. Beaches have been difficult to manage with invasions, convoys, and the A.I.

It doesn't mean 1/2 hexes aren't land. It just means you will put your units on top of the enemy.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI