France Map (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Plan: Tech Support

michelzzt -> France Map (1/27/2022 6:11:50 PM)

Hello Alvaro; I am passionate about Warplan and its many game options.
As a French player, I tried to improve the map of France and here is the result of my work.
The most important correction as it changed the French campaign of 1940 is the position of Paris which is too far from the border (the fairest position is 141/52) which allows the German forces to gain at least one turn to defeat France.
Other changes are minor and do not affect the course of the game.
I do not have the possibility to place Strasbourg because there is no tile with city and fortification on 2 sides.
I also have an error message that tells me that I do not have a route for the Iraq-France convoy, can you help me?
Regards

[image]local://upfiles/33810/F46BFCA55A7C43F59E943B795B5116CD.jpg[/image]

michelzzt -> RE: France Map (1/27/2022 6:15:38 PM)

North part of France

[image]local://upfiles/33810/B89CB24FEEA04D8685D4081F0764BAA6.jpg[/image]

michelzzt -> RE: France Map (1/27/2022 6:18:48 PM)

South part of France

[image]local://upfiles/33810/01EA7834C66B44968F2BA42D8F969BB0.jpg[/image]

ncc1701e -> RE: France Map (1/27/2022 7:09:22 PM)

Salut Michel,

Sympa de voir d'autres joueurs Français dans les parages. Moi aussi, j'ai pris l'initiative d'améliorer la carte:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5125099

Mais, pour le moment, je n'ai pas rencontré ton problème. As-tu modifié la position des ports et la route des convois en conséquence?

michelzzt -> RE: France Map (1/27/2022 9:43:07 PM)

Salut à toi, j'ai créé des ports à Brest et Marseille et j'ai rallongé la route des convois.
J'avais suivi ton fil sur la modif de la carte en URSS, c'est ce qui m'a décidé à poster.
A plus

sveint -> RE: France Map (1/27/2022 10:15:21 PM)

Sorry but these are not necessairly good modifications. Too many mountains and hills (compare to the rest of the map).

Many parts of the map are not at all accurate (take a look at Norway) but serve their purpose for gameplay reasons.

stjeand -> RE: France Map (1/28/2022 1:26:18 AM)

I do not mind fixing maps to be more accurate...just have to be careful it does not give a better defensive position.
France keeps getting tougher and tougher as changes are made...you start giving them more defense it could become unwinnable.

For example.

I was reading about the huge river in Russia that was a major advantage for the Germans attacking than the Russians defending due to the Westside being higher than the East. But to add that is extremely difficult.

michelzzt -> RE: France Map (1/28/2022 8:25:19 AM)

Thant you for your replies, I unterstand, and for sure it is a big revision for only one country. And there are too many changes that I didn't test.

But I think if there is only one correction to apply Paris has to be at hex 141/52.

I am playing pebm using this map : Paris, Reims and Metz moved.

stjeand -> RE: France Map (1/28/2022 1:35:34 PM)

That would make France a LOT easier to take. Two turns easier...
Might be a problem...would have to test it.

I think if this is done more troops would need to be in Yugoslavia and they could diminish over time so if the Germans invade in 40 they have a much harder fight.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: France Map (1/29/2022 1:15:50 PM)

Your issue is with where the capital is now located.

Country -> France -> left column 3rd item down "Capital" -> Clear -> Left click Paris -> Set
This will move the capital location in the data.

Glad you are enjoying the game :)

michelzzt -> RE: France Map (1/31/2022 2:28:46 PM)

Thanks for help Al !

AlvaroSousa -> RE: France Map (1/31/2022 5:02:50 PM)

You are welcome

ncc1701e -> RE: France Map (2/5/2022 6:13:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: stjeand

That would make France a LOT easier to take. Two turns easier...
Might be a problem...would have to test it.

I think if this is done more troops would need to be in Yugoslavia and they could diminish over time so if the Germans invade in 40 they have a much harder fight.

Yes but, thinking of it, don't you think this is a possible solution against the big BEF?

stjeand -> RE: France Map (2/5/2022 6:43:49 PM)

Maybe...

I think we need a few AARs with experienced players vs newer players, newer players running the Allies and the big BEF to see.

I do not want France falling to early...make Yugoslavia, Greece and Vichy all easy targets...

BUT it also can't be so difficult that less experienced players can not get through France...
That makes this not even a game anymore.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: France Map (2/7/2022 10:13:01 PM)

What I saw from the BIG BEF sceanrio NCC nicely gave me is that the UK is drastically lacking in everything else.

In 4 turns Uboats smashed 40 MMs with no losses almost. Which does have a long term impact.
Basically my strategy is ignore the UK. Smash the French. If they defend Paris I swing south and take them out without Paris.

I did the big BEF against Hadros, he was able to beat France before summer's end.

Nirosi -> RE: France Map (2/7/2022 10:57:36 PM)

Hi Alvaro,

I am curious how many UK units where exactly in the game with Hadros. Because in one of the games from Redrum, we can see 11 UK corps in France of which 3 are... armors. There are not that many French units at the front because the UK is almost crowding it and they even counter attack with devastating effect due to their numbers. I ask because most players will consider 6-8 UK units a big BEF (an it is), but with normal luck it is still manageable with the strategy you mentioned. 11 corps of which 3 are armors is something else for normal players to still do it by September.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI