41 Panzer Repl Battalions - not used? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room

Cavalry Corp -> 41 Panzer Repl Battalions - not used? (1/28/2022 4:03:03 PM)

I am now in March 1942 PBEM as Axis and have managed to not use these units they are still in the national reserve with about 40% TOE just now. My question is is it now best to keep these units and use them as independent battalions. Is that a gamey thing to do or am I just doing what I could historically? I managed to do this by moving back the Panzer divisions to the national reserve we have a modest number of tanks in our pool even after their refits. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments.

Stamb -> RE: 41 Panzer Repl Battalions - not used? (1/28/2022 4:04:55 PM)

Its fine to use them. Be sure NOT to attach them to panzer divisions as they will absorb this battalions as replacements.

AlbertN -> RE: 41 Panzer Repl Battalions - not used? (1/28/2022 4:05:55 PM)

Due to how flexible the SUs are - I keep them as SU.

I do not consider this gamey at all, since the Soviets can tailor their Army at their own leisure with the most efficient type of units and proficient TOEs pretty much already.

Cavalry Corp -> RE: 41 Panzer Repl Battalions - not used? (1/28/2022 4:09:22 PM)

Really (and thanks for the tip) - I knew that was the idea but do you not need to press merge or something? So its auto attach and Puff .... gone

So a good idea maybe to attach them to Mot SS DIV in 42 or even Mot Regts to give them a good kick?

What happens if the are SU in say a MOT XXX Hq - I can assume they will not get merged?

Cavalry Corp -> RE: 41 Panzer Repl Battalions - not used? (1/28/2022 4:10:13 PM)

Sorry posts crossed Albert and thanks

Stamb -> RE: 41 Panzer Repl Battalions - not used? (1/28/2022 4:18:38 PM)

No merge button. Motorized/ss divisions are the best choice probably as they typically have leaders with a good mech skills.

Cavalry Corp -> RE: 41 Panzer Repl Battalions - not used? (1/28/2022 4:19:50 PM)

tks

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI