Cannot manually fire the ship's main gun ("out of range") (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

SchDerGrosse -> Cannot manually fire the ship's main gun ("out of range") (2/7/2022 9:38:48 PM)

I am complete Command beginner, so I might be missing something very obvious, but when I try to engage surface targets with the main guns of my warships using CTRL + F1, the particular gun platform is always greyed out due to the weapon being "out of range".

Therefore If I assign it to the target, nothing happens (obviously).

However, in reality the target is well within the gun's effective range (11 nm in for this 127 mm gun).

On the other hand, if I order the ship to auto attack, it immediately starts using its weapons, including the gun which I was unable to assing manually..

This has happened during all of the training missions and I had to rely on auto attack each and every time.

See the below example:

[img]https://i.ibb.co/L01Y5x7/out-of-range.jpg[/img]

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

BDukes -> RE: Cannot manually fire the ship's main gun ("out of range") (2/7/2022 10:06:13 PM)

Take a look at the selectable targets list in your screenshot. Looks like you have a BOL (Bearing Only Launch) activation point as a target. Try Shift+F1 and point at a target to shoot.

Mike

KnightHawk75 -> RE: Cannot manually fire the ship's main gun ("out of range") (2/8/2022 12:35:30 AM)

f1 - auto
shift +f1 manual * try this as BDukes suggests.
ctrl +f1 manual BOL (requires weapon to support bearing only launch feature)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI