Flashing display and artifacts (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

faraonej -> Flashing display and artifacts (2/19/2022 3:47:03 PM)

Folks, I have a problem with flashing display & desktop artifacts after installing the game on a new PC. The pic I attached shows the display after I change the volume settings

I'm on windows 11 running a GeForce RTX 3060Ti. Here's my current command line:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -f -pxf1680 -pyf1050 -multiaudio -fixedArt -deepColor -dd_sw -SingleCpuOrders"

I changed to the pxf/pyf from px/py after reading several earlier posts. This is a straight install onto an OEM version of Win 11, not an upgrade. There's no Windows Media Player available on Win11.

Any ideas?

THX!

[image]local://upfiles/24385/1D2D77FA978C42F28D8D622560960965.jpg[/image]

Nomad -> RE: Flashing display and artifacts (2/19/2022 3:55:58 PM)

Try using this command line and see what you get

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -w -pxf1670 -pyf1020 -multiaudio -fixedArt -deepColor -dd_sw -SingleCpuOrders

gervabit -> RE: Flashing display and artifacts (2/19/2022 4:04:02 PM)

I have almost the same problem, any program that has movement, image refresh, glitches in the game, that's why I have to minimize any program/window, the dynamic desktop background also affects me. But in general minimizing the other things the game is bearable

-dd_sw -altFont -skipVideo -f -SingleCpuOrders -cpu3 -multiaudio -px1366 -py768 -deepColor -archive

BBfanboy -> RE: Flashing display and artifacts (2/19/2022 5:14:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: faraonej

Folks, I have a problem with flashing display & desktop artifacts after installing the game on a new PC. The pic I attached shows the display after I change the volume settings

I'm on windows 11 running a GeForce RTX 3060Ti. Here's my current command line:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -f -pxf1680 -pyf1050 -multiaudio -fixedArt -deepColor -dd_sw -SingleCpuOrders"

I changed to the pxf/pyf from px/py after reading several earlier posts. This is a straight install onto an OEM version of Win 11, not an upgrade. There's no Windows Media Player available on Win11.

Any ideas?

THX!

[image]local://upfiles/24385/1D2D77FA978C42F28D8D622560960965.jpg[/image]

You should set -cpu3 switch to ensure the game and Windows are not competing for the same CPU thread.

Kull -> RE: Flashing display and artifacts (2/20/2022 1:48:22 PM)

It's the Win10 bleedthrough bug. You are running "full screen" (the -f), and no amount of playing around with px/py values will alter that.

You are on the right track by using pxf/pyf, but those values should be smaller than your screen resolution (in my case they are 1904x1040 on a 1920/1080 resolution). And change -f to -w (-wd archives, which is helpful)

JanSako -> RE: Flashing display and artifacts (2/22/2022 4:08:58 PM)

How do you folks deal with the stoopid Win taskbar always being up in Windowed mode? Or coming up if you hide it, as soon as you move the mouse to the bottom of the screen. For me it is a toss up between the bleedthrough and having to use arrow keys to scroll (dual monitors)...

Nomad -> RE: Flashing display and artifacts (2/22/2022 4:56:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JanSako

How do you folks deal with the stoopid Win taskbar always being up in Windowed mode? Or coming up if you hide it, as soon as you move the mouse to the bottom of the screen. For me it is a toss up between the bleedthrough and having to use arrow keys to scroll (dual monitors)...

I set my task bar for small buttons and then adjust my WitP window size to fit what is left.

BBfanboy -> RE: Flashing display and artifacts (2/22/2022 4:59:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JanSako

I moved the task bar to the right side of the screen. That way it has the least interference with buttons and icons in the game, which are mostly top and bottom of screen. I have a widescreen monitor so I still get plenty of game map beside the sidebar.

JanSako -> RE: Flashing display and artifacts (2/23/2022 8:18:43 AM)

This has been 'fixed' to no longer work on Win 11 :-(. Thanks Microsoft!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI