AARl----Wilson vs Lay Senario 19 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> After Action Reports

joliverlay -> AARl----Wilson vs Lay Senario 19 (9/25/2003 1:52:44 AM)

I've not done this before....let me know if this style of AAR is OK. I normally play the Allies...but Im having fun as the IJN this time.

Allied Intercept of Japanese code......text as follows....Message from I. Yamamoto to IJN HQ...May 6, 1942

Our glorious, but not to smart, local commander launched a major Banzi Attack at PM immediately after being dropped of by fast transport. IHQ finds reports that no allied forces were killed whatsoever to be unbelievable, especially since the attacking force was all but wiped out. I wonder if they know anything about allied firepower. Oh well....we will consider it a 'reconnance in force'. At least we know the port is defended by a full strength brigade.

After several air attacks by our naval air at Rabul failed to report any hits on parked aircraft or even failed to encounter defensive forces over the last few nights....air attacks have been scaled back to rest the aircrews. Perhaps we can find some naval forces or submarine targets.

Fortunately the IJN forces report another successfull naval engagement at PM. Good results on 2 successive nights. 2DDs sunk each night. Tanaka is expected to accomplish more when heavier units arrive in theater. NO sign of allied CVs in theater. We have one report of a single CA near PM. Additional surface engagements expected at PM over the next few nights.

The emperor will be pleased to see we have already sunk 4 allied DDs with no losses. Perhaps this will mitigate the loss of over 1000 naval infantry. Perhaps we should have landed the IJA forces, but I hate to use them in our operations, especially loaded on our combat vessels on fast transport missions. The Army commanders are so difficult to deal with.

Signed...I. Yamamoto

------------

The fast transport task force belowunloaded the units on May 5 and returned on May 6 as a surface combat TF.....This used lots of fuel but was probably unexpected by the allied commander. The previous night a bombardment TF visited PM and also sunk 2 DDs. This allowed me to seek surface engagements on 2 consecutive nights. I expected the Allies might withdraw from PM.

May 6, 1942

Weather: Partly Cloudy

Night Time Surface Combat, near Port Moresby at 10,40

Japanese Ships
CL Tenryu, Shell hits 1
CL Tatsuta, Shell hits 1
CL Yubari
DD Mutsuki, Shell hits 1
DD Yayoi, Shell hits 2, on fire
DD Uzuki, Shell hits 1
DD Mochizuki
DD Oite
DD Asanagi

Allied Ships
DD Walke, Shell hits 10, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
DD Farragut, Shell hits 8, Torpedo hits 2, and is sunk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Japanese Ships
CL Tenryu
CL Tatsuta
CL Yubari
DD Mutsuki, Shell hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
DD Yayoi, on fire
DD Uzuki
DD Mochizuki
DD Oite
DD Asanagi

Allied Ships
DD Phelps, Shell hits 54, and is sunk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Port Moresby

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 2555 troops, 18 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 7862 troops, 78 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 0 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese ground losses:
Men lost 1105
Guns lost 1

joliverlay -> (9/26/2003 12:34:10 AM)

Message from Combined Fleet HQ-Turk to Imperial Navy HQ-Tokyo as follows:

Last night (May 9, 1942) Tanaka arrived off PM with surface bombardment group. Once again IJN forces encounter a small force (this time one DD) in waters around the port. Our forces managed to sink the enemy DD in a brief nightime encounter. No other action reported. Air crews are resting as fields are prepared closer to PM. Currently we plan to expand towards both PM and down the Solomons chain towards Nomea. Release of forces to theater or from reserve in the home waters is warrented. Although no significant naval opposition has been encountered, I beleive that movement to cut the allied supply lines will force the allies to commit their forces for the decisive battle.

I. Yamamoto, Commander

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 05/09/42

Weather: Clear

Japanese Ships
CA Aoba
CA Kinugasa
CA Furutaka
CA Kako
DD Sazanami
DD Ushio
DD Yuzuki
DD Kikuzuki

Allied Ships
DD Aylwin, Shell hits 3, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk

Naval bombardment of Port Moresby, at 10,40

Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 2
Port hits 1
Port fuel hits 1
Port supply hits 2

wobbly -> (10/8/2003 2:32:36 AM)

First thing in the morning - well first thing at work - I look at the forums to see if anyone has updated their AAR's. It is always a pleasure to see someone else take the plunge.
It can appear that knowone is reading but I for one can say that I read them pretty religiously - so great work - welcome to the band of AAR idiots/entertainers :D :cool:

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI