Unit stacks on offensive (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> The War Room

Rahvyn -> Unit stacks on offensive (10/3/2003 1:22:13 AM)

Hi all;

I am fairly new to this type of wargaming, and so far I wonder why I waited so long to get into it. I figured I'd start out easy and went with the 1UK scenario. Couple questions please:

1 - I have been stacking units, keeping divisions together, in stacks of 4, then pushing forward. So far it's been tough going. Would I be better off using smaller stacks and keeping a wider front?

2 - Is it better to mix divisions, while keeping them close, or to keep divisions on the same stack?

Thanks
Rahvyn

Massattack -> (10/3/2003 3:15:58 AM)

Hi Rahvyn,

Welcome to the hobby! My advice would be to cover a wider front with your units in general, as this plugs any holes in your lines better, and concentrate into stacks for offensive strength, or if necessary to increase defensive strength. Part of the skill in the game is working out how to cover all avenues without spreading yourself too thinly everywhere, and this may require taking calculated risks in how you deploy your units. You get a bonus for maintaining divisional integrity, that is, keeping the units of a division within 5 hexes of each other. The unit icons help here, or use the highlight tool which gives an orange outline to all units within a division, and you can cycle through the units of a division just to check their whereabouts as well. Sometimes necessity dictates that you may have to send a unit well away from its brother units.

Have fun! Regards

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI