New to SPWAW & undecided?? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Coachace -> New to SPWAW & undecided?? (7/25/2001 3:45:00 AM)

This is a message to all you newbies browsing the forum and wondering if SPWAW is worth the huge download or, better yet, the $25 for the "free" game and a campaign (Mega Campaign - Desert Fox) - "Hey!", you ask yourself, "isn't a campaign addon supposed to be cheap?" 1)Is it worth the time getting the free download? --YES 2)Is it worth buying the CD to get the game and the NA campaign -- YES Looking for an easy to play, yet challenging wargame?? Are you bedazzled by all those pretty packages the new PC games are wrapped in at your local Walmart and still wondering what this game has that's better than them?? I have literally almost every available commercial computer wargame published and I can't get enough of SPWAW. The guys at Matrix Games have taken a pretty cool game and have made it more realistic, playable and challenging. Heck, they even listen to your ideas and feedback about the game and respond to your forum messages. And they do it all the time! The user community is vocal, too. If you have any question about the game (and these guys ask questions like "what kind of ammo did the Danes use in their handguns issued just before WWII?" So, if you have any questions, someone here will answer it. You might even start a huge debate. The point is, other gamers have found this game and can't get enough. The Campaign on the CD is like an upgrade to the existing campaign features. They've got this talented software engineer locked up in a room somewhere and offered him enough Jolt cola to produce a campain interface that chooses scenarios based upon your previous perfomance. Just read the info on their product page. $25. When was the last time you spent $25 for anything that offered endless hours of entertainment? Get it

Mark Ezra -> (7/25/2001 4:06:00 AM)

Well put, sir! The game is worth it! I wish I had a nickle for everytime my wife screamed "Stop playing that damn game" I would, of coure, be rich! Talk about a value SPWAW is all that and more...

ruxius -> (7/26/2001 5:53:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Mark Ezra: I wish I had a nickle for everytime my wife screamed "Stop playing that damn game" I would, of coure, be rich!
ahahahah My girlfriends had no chance.."learn to love SPWAW more than me or better : learn to love SPWAW more than me with you both of us toghether" (find your correct english words for this concept...please) Actually I still have no wife ahahahahahahahahahah.. but always different girlfriends ... ahahahah. I enjoy life :) Life is SPWAW.. Ok only one thing : Yes it's terrible true..a lot of people here who loves SPWAW had also a superb knowledge and experience about other wargames...wargames which are much more expensive and popular.. Considering this I think it's still not enough clear how great can be a game able to win with still a 2D-top-view game's engine.. I can never get enough of this kind of surprise ! Really...

Warrior -> (7/26/2001 10:22:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by ruxius: ahahahah My girlfriends had no chance.."learn to love SPWAW more than me or better : learn to love SPWAW more than me with you both of us toghether" (find your correct english words for this concept...please) Actually I still have no wife ahahahahahahahahahah.. but always different girlfriends ... ahahahah. I enjoy life :) Life is SPWAW.. Ok only one thing : Yes it's terrible true..a lot of people here who loves SPWAW had also a superb knowledge and experience about other wargames...wargames which are much more expensive and popular.. Considering this I think it's still not enough clear how great can be a game able to win with still a 2D-top-view game's engine.. I can never get enough of this kind of surprise ! Really...
I totally agree with everything you said... except the girlfriend part. My new wife can handle my addiction to SPWaW, but girlfriends are out. :D

Wild Bill -> (7/26/2001 11:16:00 AM)

Here, here, Coachace! Nicely put. Not much this old blabbermouth can add. Thanks for "leaving the light on." Wild Bill

ruxius -> (7/26/2001 5:01:00 PM)

quote:

except the girlfriend part. My new wife can handle my addiction to SPWaW, but girlfriends are out.
aaaaah That's the secret...selecting a new wife according to her attitute towards SPWAW..! ehm ..I never tried this way..thank you for your example Warrior... :D :D :D

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI