Dos or Windows 98 ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

clipper69 -> Dos or Windows 98 ? (5/19/2000 9:52:00 PM)

hi, i saw on the manual that the game was in Windows 95 or 98 mode. but, when i launch it, a Dos windows is opened and it seems that i play under Dos. do i forgot something ? thanx

Larry Holt -> (5/19/2000 10:44:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by clipper69: hi, i saw on the manual that the game was in Windows 95 or 98 mode. but, when i launch it, a Dos windows is opened and it seems that i play under Dos. do i forgot something ? thanx
Matrix tells us that it uses the Windows API. When I started the game using start.bat, I got a DOS box that I had to manually close afterwards. When I use intro.exe, this does not happen. I don't have the start.bat here at work but I recall it initiallized memory or something like that and may be necessary for somepoeple. ------------------ An old soldier but not yet a faded one.

Paul Vebber -> (5/19/2000 11:49:00 PM)

Larry is right. All the Dos box is is a bat file that sets some paths to prevent some obscure crash errors in some cases. It has nothing to do with the game once its running and you can alt-tab out of the game and close it once its running.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI