Tanks crossing blown bridge (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support

HvMoltke -> Tanks crossing blown bridge (10/4/2003 5:54:47 PM)

I have had a strange experience, I blew a bridge across a main river as German in the campaign game, held the sholder hexes and a bunch of Russian tank units crossed exactly this non-existent bridge while footstopers didn`t.
Is that a bug or didn`t I read the manual properly. That says a main river hex can not be crossed by tanks and if a bridge is destroyed I think that hex becomes a main river hex.
If necessary I`ll attach the pictures I took.

BrubakerII -> (10/4/2003 6:18:07 PM)

Hi Helm.

Can you attach the pictures for us so we can see the river/conditions?

In mud conditions, blowing a bridge will stop all movement across it. fullstop.

In snow conditions, destroying a bridge 'should' stop all mechanised and mobile movement ie. tanks, halftracks and trucks. It is possible for footsoldiers to cross presuming they have enough OP's (which generally requires they start next to the bridge in that turn).

Don't forget, some of the 'mechanised' units you may be viewing may actually begin their turn as foot infantry and only become mechanised when the use extended (trucks etc) movement. Many panzer divisions fall in this category: an armoured regiment (cannot cross), a mechanised infantry regiment (who may or mat not genin their turn as foot infantry), a mounted infantry unit (who may or may not begin their turn as foot infantry), and a recon battalion (which will be mechanised or equal to).

In addition, the Germans also have motorised infantry units whose state changes when using advanaced movement.

Hope this helps.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI