They Just Keep Coming! - Another New (and different) Campaign! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Wild Bill -> They Just Keep Coming! - Another New (and different) Campaign! (7/26/2001 10:59:00 AM)

Good news, fellow warriors! Kurt Beaumont-Jones has just completed a fine seven battle campaign on the fighting in the Balkans late in World War II. This campaign is well done and has been tested by some of the best testers you'll find anywhere. Special thanks to Steve Avery and Ykinoma for their hard work on the testing. Fabio Prado, who is always standing on the firing line has put this campaign up on his site. http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/spwaw_camps.htm Of course, he has embellished it with his magnificent artwork. This always adds to the appeal. While you are there, take a quick tour of all that Fabio has. It is a treasure house of things that wargamers will enjoy. It is fun just to browse through the site...very eye-appealing too! So grab this one guys! Its hot! Nice job, Kurt! Wild Bill

Wild Bill -> (7/26/2001 11:00:00 AM)

This campaign goes into slot 16 in your campaigns directory, just in case you already have something there. Unzip the file directly into the campaigns subdirectory and be sure and read the text files Kurt has attached. WB

Wild Bill -> (7/26/2001 12:33:00 PM)

Bumpo!

Fabio Prado -> (7/26/2001 1:00:00 PM)

[img]http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/SPWAW-Campaigns/Balkan-Crisis-2.jpg[/img] Thanks for the kind words, WB! :D To the rest of you folks, you really should give this one a try! It is a most interesting campaign... And very challenging, too! :cool: http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/spwaw_camps.htm Fab [ July 26, 2001: Message edited by: Fabio Prado ]

Dedas -> (7/26/2001 4:02:00 PM)

Great! A new campaign to get my greedy hands on... and oh... good work!

Warrior -> (7/26/2001 8:26:00 PM)

This campaign drove me nuts during testing! I guarantee you won't have an easy time of it!! :eek:

RockinHarry -> (7/27/2001 3:23:00 AM)

Thanks,..Dll´d it. Will most likely be the next to play after I finished with the Huertgen Campaign. :) (..darn I need more time :eek: ) _______ Harry [ July 26, 2001: Message edited by: RockinHarry ]

Fabio Prado -> (7/27/2001 12:45:00 PM)

Bump!

Marder_MatrixForum -> (7/27/2001 3:38:00 PM)

Just finished the third battle, will write you a campaign test report if you like in the next few days. Please give me some turns more in the first two battles, my infantry is too slow (they just receive half of their movment points per turn - although there is no snow ??) to reach the objectives! As i´ve seen yet a vvery well done campaign! Very enjoyable! :) Mardefr

kurtbj -> (7/27/2001 5:35:00 PM)

The first battle is very hard to capture all the objectives, only 2 people have managed it so far. It can be done but its very difficult. Second battle is slightly easier but again you need to keep those troops moving. The campaign is hard, I don't expect many people to get Decisives on all the battles. See it as a challenge! :)

kurtbj -> (7/27/2001 5:38:00 PM)

About the troops having half movement. If I'm not mistaken this is because the map is created with the 'ROUGH' terrain template. Maybe someone more experienced in scenario design has more info on this? I'm new and pretty inexperienced in scenario design and its finer details. :p

Warhorse -> (7/27/2001 8:59:00 PM)

Kurt. yes the movement is slow, because it is entered as a winter map!! Just need to resave the scenario as a summer map, and should fix that!! Pain in the butt, I know, but only thing you can really do.

kurtbj -> (7/27/2001 9:54:00 PM)

The map isn't a SUMMER terrain map, its ROUGH terrain. I think this will reduce the movement points. The rerrain is rough so it should reduce movement. Does Rough terrain have the same effect as Winter terrain on movement?

Warhorse -> (7/27/2001 11:14:00 PM)

Hmm, the terrain depictor in the top right corner while playing, is Winter, don't think the rough one also uses the winter scene?? But to answer your question, the rough does limit the movement also. I just thought, that when you used the winter terrain to add the winter trees you have here and there, that you may have forgotten to change it back to the rough/Summer, whichever?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI