A Forum Newbie with a Problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Willie -> A Forum Newbie with a Problem (7/26/2001 11:38:00 PM)

Hello Everyone I have been playing this tremendous game for years, and have had little difficulty , that is up until now. I just downloaded the version 4.5-5.1 and ran into this error message: "C:\MatricGames\stealpanthers.world at war.\snd\stream\vid998.smk. A decompression error has been detected (#7) File crc mismatch.-data integrity error" At this point I had the option of canceling retrying or ingnoring. I tried retrying...no success. so I ingnored and the install cont. Once installed I tried to run SpWaW, ... a window appeared with this message..... "There was a problem loading one or more graphic images. Did you forget to copy the DATA directory." I attempted to see if I could find help from checking past posts here regarding similar issues. I found a comment about trying a defrag to the HDD, downloading the "vid998.smk." file and installing that. I did both, the bad part.. it did'nt help, I got the same error messages ad before. Any help here would be very much appreciated. I was really wanted to play with the new 6.1 version , the new changes sound awesome. Thanks Willie out.

bchapman -> (7/26/2001 11:47:00 PM)

Willie, Probably the best thing to do is try another download :( (if you have a fast connection) or if that is a problem, I could send you a CD with the complete ver 5 and the upgrades to get to ver 6.1 :)

Willie -> (7/27/2001 12:03:00 AM)

Hello bchapman Thanks, that is a generous offer, I would probably take you up on that, as my connection is on the slow side. ( 56k modem dial-up) Took me 14hrs to download 4.5-5.1 (at about 3.2k speed) the other day, and just over 4hrs to get the vid988.smk file ( had 4.5k connect most of the time) Let me know what you need from me , cost etc. Thanks Willie

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI