Question for +X on dice (shock value) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket

Finrod -> Question for +X on dice (shock value) (10/7/2003 3:41:38 PM)

As I am fairly new to Korsun Pocket I have a question for the combat results.

As I understand this, some units provide a "shock value" which (if not countered by terrain or defender) result in a +1 (or +X) for the combat results which is shown on the dice.
I thought, that this is a bonus (an not a shift) which is added to my dice roll (so if I roll a "1" and have a +1 bonus the result is "2")?

Alas, I had a few situations, where I had a +1 shown on my dice but the final result of the combatroll was only a "1".

Clearly this would not have been possible if the +1 would have been added to the dice roll. So my question is: What does the +1 (+X) on the dice do?

Thanks for the help,
Finrod

Pawlock -> (10/7/2003 4:44:42 PM)

[QUOTE=Finrod]As I am fairly new to Korsun Pocket I have a question for the combat results. As I understand this, some units provide a "shock value" which (if not countered by terrain or defender) result in a +1 (or +X) for the combat results which is shown on the dice. I thought, that this is a bonus (an not a shift) which is added to my dice roll (so if I roll a "1" and have a +1 bonus the result is "2")? Alas, I had a few situations, where I had a +1 shown on my dice but the final result of the combatroll was only a "1". Clearly this would not have been possible if the +1 would have been added to the dice roll. So my question is: What does the +1 (+X) on the dice do? Thanks for the help, Finrod[/QUOTE] What you see in the crt at the bottom of screen for combat are only the six applicable results, by this I mean you in your case are seeing the results from 2- 7 of the main crt. If you had no shifts for shock, you would have viewed the 1-6 possible results. You may have rolled a 1 but if you crosscheck with the CRT page you will have noticed you had the 2nd from top result.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI