Axis controlled areas behind me?? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket

Rahvyn -> Axis controlled areas behind me?? (10/8/2003 12:15:51 PM)

Hi all;

Playing the full pocket scenario for the first time and I have a question. Looking at the right side of the map for example, it is now turn 17, and I have advanced to around the town of Shpola (40,35) and when I check out my resupply area, there is quite a bit of red behind me. I guess I dont understand why that is? There are no enemy units behind me, and I have destroyed all the fortifications. There is also no interdiction that I can see. Could someone please explain this to me?

Thanks,
Dave

Gregor_SSG -> (10/8/2003 1:06:16 PM)

[QUOTE=Rahvyn]Hi all;

Playing the full pocket scenario for the first time and I have a question. Looking at the right side of the map for example, it is now turn 17, and I have advanced to around the town of Shpola (40,35) and when I check out my resupply area, there is quite a bit of red behind me. I guess I dont understand why that is? There are no enemy units behind me, and I have destroyed all the fortifications. There is also no interdiction that I can see. Could someone please explain this to me?

Thanks,
Dave[/QUOTE]

Dave,

You get supply from two sources in KP. One is from supply sources at the map edge, and the other from trucks. Both of these supply hexes around them, the precise range depending on the source or truck and the terrain costs, (terrain costs being strongly influenced by the weather).

As you advance, you move your supply trucks move forward as well. This keeps your front line troops in supply, but means that intermediate areas, behind the front but away from map edge supply sources might well go out of supply. Since you're not conducting military operations there, it doesn't really matter.

Gregor

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI