One hit gets vehicle & crew ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Larry Holt -> One hit gets vehicle & crew ? (7/28/2001 12:40:00 AM)

I've had several occasions when a vehicle was hit, the crew bailed then the message came up that the vehicle was damaged or destroyed, THEN a crew member was killed from the origianl hit! This means that a handgrenade hit the armor, the crew took the time to exit the hatches (admittedly it does not take too long when you are trying to stay alive but still what 5 seconds or so?) then the grenade blast got them??!! This was not a case where some of the crew died in the vehicle but ALL the crew escaped (I saw the # of crew members on the icon) then one was killed and the number decreased by one.

TheChin -> (7/28/2001 1:25:00 AM)

Maybe he exited with a fatal wound and succumbed once outside the vehicle. Probably like in the movies, when he gives his last letter to his girlfirend to one of the other guys to deliver for him.

TheChin -> (7/28/2001 1:27:00 AM)

Or maybe it's one of those "casualty doesn't mean kill" things. Like he broke a leg or something getting out of the tank and then told the others to go on without him.

Jaques Rico -> (7/28/2001 1:31:00 AM)

I had that experience too, but only with enemy vehicles after a rocket hit. With hand grenades Ive never seen that happen. JR

Tommy -> (7/28/2001 1:34:00 AM)

Larry Since we're letting our imaginations run; what about the crew bails out then the ammo in the AFV or the cargo/gas tank of the truck cooks-off and takes out the slowest runner. Sort of a Darwinian Battlefield. Tommy

panda124c -> (7/28/2001 6:00:00 AM)

Imagination runs wild, British crew bails out; "Sah, permission to brew up, Sah!" Burns hand while making tea. "Bl**** exaust manifold." :D :D :D [ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: pbear ]

m10bob -> (7/28/2001 11:09:00 PM)

Yeah..i'm with Tommy..i think it's a matter of "cook-off"..(rounds going off from the heat are oh so indiscriminate..they don't care if you're inside,or outside....)..

Khan7 -> (7/29/2001 7:51:00 AM)

lol

Lynx -> (7/29/2001 11:53:00 AM)

Maybe the number only changes after they all report in, and the count changes officialy. IE log book. Crew bails out. head count. one loss reported. Lynx

alassi -> (7/30/2001 4:05:00 PM)

Honestly guys..should there be so much survivors as it is after a tank is hit..there are always some survivor every time the tanks are hit!

Dedas -> (7/30/2001 5:48:00 PM)

Sometimes the crew doesn't have a chance to escape from their doomed vehicle when the shell that hit them ignite their fuel or ammunition onboard. The tank becomes a burning hell, and even if someone in the crew had time to bail out he probably got caught in the blast or hit by a shower of white burning metal shards

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI