(Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3

dragoniv -> (10/16/2003 3:37:19 AM)

Heheh...most of the bugs you identify as non-hardware bugs can very well be hardware bugs. However, your ID of the comm "bug" in SUDG is in reality a poorly thought out UI issue. Poorly thought out UI is a big problem in PC games and console games alike, not to mention general computer applications and OSes. Not sure I'd classify it a bug so much as a design flaw.

I don't buy that the ability to patch software means that 99.9% of bugs end up on the PC side. Here's my claim: bugs are the result of overly agressive schedules in which QA time gets cut and programmers cram code not unlike they did back in college (why do you think everyone associates Jolt with software development, anyhow?). The end result: a *very* imperfect piece of software.

So, you still get stupid AI bugs, graphic shearing, script errors in console games--and I say they'd be as rampant as they were in the PC except that:

*consoles are far more fixed, hardware wise, than PC games
*PC games are far more complex than console games from a coding / depth perspective

But, being that neither of us actually work in the industry (much to my chagrin, for me), this is pretty much an educated guess. :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI