Two MEga Campaign Questions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW

thezel -> Two MEga Campaign Questions (10/11/2003 5:21:47 AM)

Hi folks:

1) I need to re-install MCNA. The CD i bought when it first came installs an older version (5.0) of SPWAW first, and then the mega campaign. Is there anyway to install the mega campaign only from that disk?

2) I hear Wild Bill's got a new Mega Campaign. (thanks, WB!) Is there anyway to create your own mega campaign's to distribute to others?

Orzel Bialy -> (10/11/2003 11:53:27 PM)

Thezel, If I understood the first question right...you have the newer version of SPWAW installed but not the NAMC...correct? I think that LV had a choice...but since I don't own the NA disk...I can't say for sure on that one. Maybe one of the other guys can say for sure. However, for question number two...you can create your own campaign within the frame work of SPAW (such as Stalingrad and Red Steel)...but it will not have all the bells and whistles of a Mega Campaign. Those are programs that require massive amounts of work...usually by well co-ordinated teams of designers / testers / programers and writers that have done a good deal of research and homework. Don't ask me how I know. [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Major_Johnson -> RE: (2/11/2004 10:06:10 PM)

Yo! I am a proud owner of the MCNA, sometimes known as MCDF. Unfortunately there is no separate install of the MC. You have to install the whole thing then copy the Desert Fox mega campaign folder, and one other file just outside that folder, into the same place in the newer version of SPWAW. I'm not exactly sure what that other file is, but I believe it's going to be the only other file inside the mega campaign folder. It's the pointer to the Desert Fox mega campaign from within the game. I did the same thing to my SPWAWv8 and it works fine. Good luck.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI