I Was Wiped Out!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Figmo -> I Was Wiped Out!! (7/30/2001 11:47:00 PM)

No not in the game - that virus did me in. I'm posting from work because it's not all fixed at home yet. Some of my software isn't reloading like it should. It pretty much did me in and the wife - trying to help - erased my backup drive on the LAN - so I pretty much lost everything. Luckily I backed up all completed scenarios - but anything done in the last month was lost - ARGH!! I won't be completely back on-line until I have ALL my protection up and running and up-to-date. If I gave the virus to anybody - I AM SORRY!! The worst part is I haven't played a game of SPWaW for 5 days - Double ARGH!! Figmo

BryanMelvin -> (7/30/2001 11:59:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Figmo: No not in the game - that virus did me in. I'm posting from work because it's not all fixed at home yet. Some of my software isn't reloading like it should. It pretty much did me in and the wife - trying to help - erased my backup drive on the LAN - so I pretty much lost everything. Luckily I backed up all completed scenarios - but anything done in the last month was lost - ARGH!! I won't be completely back on-line until I have ALL my protection up and running and up-to-date. If I gave the virus to anybody - I AM SORRY!! The worst part is I haven't played a game of SPWaW for 5 days - Double ARGH!! Figmo
Sorry to here this Jim - hope you have it all fixed soon. People who design these virus's should receive the Death Penalty in any and all countries or atleast have there hands removed and privet parts detached so as to deprive them of the only pleasure they know of.. Why these idiots do this is beyond my comprehension. I've been hit by virus's too in the past and Lord help me if I ever come face to face with a known Worm scum that brags about a virus they placed on the net :mad: My knife is sharp and fist of fury ready..

jamiep1 -> (7/31/2001 12:45:00 AM)

Man Jim, I'm sorry to hear that. The only way to put it, is That Sucks!! I cannot fathom anyone with that kind of brain pan could be doing so much good but chooses to do destructive evil. Makes zero sense. Jamie

sinner -> (7/31/2001 1:21:00 AM)

To Figmo: I'm very sorry to hear this! At least, the important stuff is backed-up (SPWaW saves). I strongly recommend you to get a back up system (CD-RW? ZIP unit?). It is wise, specially if you use a computer a lot. To BryanMelvin: I believe that you are being way to nice with virus-developers. There should be harder laws than the penalties that the ones that you propose. I got hit by viruses long time ago, and it was not pretty. Sometimes I wish I had a pre-planned artillery-fire hex just ontop of the house of some virus-writter. Oh, and a Nebelwerfer battery as well :D

Sami -> (7/31/2001 5:11:00 AM)

No no Sinner!!! Thats way too fast and easy for those f#Īkers.... ....I'm thinking of honey and ants...LOTS of ants! Cheers, Sami

Don Doom -> (7/31/2001 6:53:00 AM)

Red and or Bull ants :D

BruceAZ -> (7/31/2001 8:08:00 AM)

Bull will do.

Figmo -> (7/31/2001 8:24:00 AM)

Thanks guys for the understanding!! I've finally got my wifes computer running and protected - she needs it for school. The problem with mine is now I can't get more than 16 colors. I've tried everything I know - any suggestions??? I'll post to the troubleshooting forum - but if any of you know any tricks - speak up please!! I want to play a scenario - the kids computer which isn't on the net - is looking better and better!! :eek: Figmo

Jeff Norton -> (7/31/2001 9:02:00 AM)

FIGMO, Try loading the video driver again. If that dosen't work, see if your vid card manufactor has a firmware upgrage for the card (kinda like a BIOS flash.) Have u tried other video modes? Windows gets goofy sometimes. Hope this helps. -Jeff

Fabio Prado -> (7/31/2001 10:14:00 AM)

I am really sorry to hear that, Figmo! I hope you manage to get everything fixed up pretty soon! If there is anything you feel I might help just send me a private e-mail from work. Fab

Wild Bill -> (7/31/2001 3:06:00 PM)

I truly hate it for you Figmo. A low blow to a good man! Wish I could be there to help. I went down that road about 2 years ago...don't ever want to do that again! Wild Bill

Halgary -> (7/31/2001 7:40:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Figmo: No not in the game - that virus did me in. I'm posting from work because it's not all fixed at home yet. Some of my software isn't reloading like it should. Figmo
Just recently my anti-virus software caught a virus that would have eventually done the same thing for my computer too. The guy from whom I got it (via EMail) said: "my computer does NOT have viruses!"... He was warned, now I'm just waiting for the virus to ignite on his PC. Price of arrogance, I think. "http://www.frisk.is" is a good place to start. I'm fortunate enough to have a free lisence from my local university.

gdpsnake -> (7/31/2001 9:03:00 PM)

Two kinds of people write virus programs. People without a real life and people who sell anti-virus programs. Is the pit and the pendulum too harse a punishment?

panda124c -> (7/31/2001 11:16:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by gdpsnake: Is the pit and the pendulum too harse a punishment?
Much too nice, filleting comes to mind.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI