No Surrender (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

bobaloo000 -> No Surrender (7/31/2001 4:43:00 AM)

I have not seen this addressed before so here it goes. Since I started playing SPWAW all of about three weeks ago I have not had one unit surrender. They get killed, retreat, and wander away but they never surrender. All preferences are set to 100% so I don't think that has anything to do with it. It also does not seem to matter if its a regular campaign, scenario or the Mega Campaign. Any thoughts?

MacCready -> (7/31/2001 4:51:00 AM)

I have seen units surrender sometimes,it only seems to happen when you really hammer them with firepower.

BlitzSS -> (7/31/2001 4:59:00 AM)

I've definitly seen units surrender, but now that you mention it, it does seem to less often then in past versions.

sinner -> (7/31/2001 6:00:00 AM)

The same here. I know that Polish soldiers are comparable to the Brits on stubborness and courege. I would like to think that some of my attacks, with combined-arms tactics, should have forced at least one unit to surrender!

Dedas -> (7/31/2001 6:31:00 AM)

Perhaps you have been playing against the japs boba! They always fight to the death...

SAMWolf -> (7/31/2001 6:47:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by bobaloo000: I have not seen this addressed before so here it goes. Since I started playing SPWAW all of about three weeks ago I have not had one unit surrender. They get killed, retreat, and wander away but they never surrender. All preferences are set to 100% so I don't think that has anything to do with it. It also does not seem to matter if its a regular campaign, scenario or the Mega Campaign. Any thoughts?
I've noticed that too. I've seen units surrender but it's very rare compared to earlier versions. Dispersal seems to be the norm now.

john g -> (7/31/2001 6:49:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by bobaloo000: I have not seen this addressed before so here it goes. Since I started playing SPWAW all of about three weeks ago I have not had one unit surrender. They get killed, retreat, and wander away but they never surrender. All preferences are set to 100% so I don't think that has anything to do with it. It also does not seem to matter if its a regular campaign, scenario or the Mega Campaign. Any thoughts?
You need units adjacent or in the same hex with shots remaining. It isn't enough to have units there who have fired off all their shots. I have enemy units surrender all the time. thanks, John.

Fabs -> (8/1/2001 4:20:00 PM)

Does forcing a unit to surrender result in a better score than destroying/dispersing it?

TheZel66 -> (8/1/2001 7:02:00 PM)

The key to make a unit surrender is surrounding them so they dont have any place to retreat. I do it all the time, when needed. But most times its easier to wipe them out and make them disperse...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI