The "game won't load" forum is right here (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support

gravyface -> The "game won't load" forum is right here (10/21/2003 11:16:57 PM)

[B]Welcome to the "KP won't load at all" club! [/B]

It looks like Matrix is busy working on the patch and I don't feel like waiting so lets do our own troubleshooting.

I was planning on guinnea piggin' my box to figure out if its a driver-related problem, (I'm about due for a rebuild anyways :D) but before I do that, I want to see if there are any trends here, i.e. everyone with a problem has an NVidia card and the new NVidia detonator drivers from August are screwing it up.

Ok, for those of you who's game hangs at startup -- basically, those of you who've never been able to load it at all -- I need to know...

[B]What video card make/model/driver/directx version are you using? [/B]

Card
Driver
DirectX

[B]Me:[/B]

GeForce 4 MX440
NVidia Detonator Drivers 45.23
DirectX 9.0B

If I figure it out, I'll post the fix ASAP.

Thanks

gravyface -> (10/22/2003 9:45:40 AM)

*sigh* Did all my fellow KP outcasts find their receipts? lol

80 bucks Canadian, el Crasho, ghost town tech support -- I've been "white collar" jacked lol.

Getting mugged downtown would have been a more rewarding experience; at least I'd have bragging rights.

lv_bain -> RE: (2/11/2004 4:13:22 AM)

GeForce FX 5900 Ultra
Driver Version (according to device manager) 4.4.6.7 (6/13/2003)
DirectX 9.0b didn't work. Reverted to 9.0a didn't work.

My specific problem is getting a black screen after the opening movies, which appear in the upper left of my screen rather than the center. I've been able to load a game by clicking where the menu buttons are supposed to be but all of the units and terrain are hidden. I know what the game looks like because it runs on my other comp with a GeForce MX/MX 400.

Nomad -> RE: RE: (2/12/2004 4:15:53 AM)

My new copy will not even install. It loads about 5 files, gets to SSGkp2.dat and spends forever reading and writting but never finishes. Can't patch if I can't install.

NVIDIA 4 Ti 4400 using old 2450 drivers that work with everything else I have tried.

Using DirectX 8.1

alexs -> RE: RE: (2/12/2004 4:36:00 AM)

Hi Guys,

lv_bain - are you still having troubles after updating the video drivers?

Nomad - Sounds like a CD / CD-Drive problem. Are you able to try the CD on another computer? If not, get a replacement from the store where you purchased the game.

Nomad -> RE: RE: (2/12/2004 4:45:07 AM)

I tried both CD drives with no result. After an hour it had loaded 6 files. I sent a message to Matrix since I bought it direct from them.

lv_bain -> RE: The "game won't load" forum is right here (2/12/2004 5:53:15 AM)

I just updated my Nvidia drivers to 5.3.0.3 and the game works now. I still get the black screen after the movies but after I alt-tab out and back in everything is fine. I still can't update the game however.

Marc von Martial -> RE: RE: (2/12/2004 11:03:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

I tried both CD drives with no result. After an hour it had loaded 6 files. I sent a message to Matrix since I bought it direct from them.

Do you have a firewall or virus scanner running?

Nomad -> RE: RE: (2/12/2004 3:37:02 PM)

I have Nortons disabled. I will try to load it at work on a different computer without virus protection.

OK, it loaded on my work computer. I will have to try something different at home to see what is happening.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI