Passengers dismounting vehicle before it is hit? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Totenkopf -> Passengers dismounting vehicle before it is hit? (8/4/2001 2:51:00 AM)

Sometimes, passengers on my halftracks dismount (when the vehicle gets to a hex adjacent to enemy squads) BEFORE the halftrack is fired upon and get damaged. The guys are stupidly leaving the protection from their AFVs to engage the enemy (and suffering from casualties and suppression) without my order! Can someone tell me what's going on?

john g -> (8/4/2001 2:59:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Totenkopf: Sometimes, passengers on my halftracks dismount (when the vehicle gets to a hex adjacent to enemy squads) BEFORE the halftrack is fired upon and get damaged. The guys are stupidly leaving the protection from their AFVs to engage the enemy (and suffering from casualties and suppression) without my order! Can someone tell me what's going on?
I think you are just missing the first fire from the enemy unit, the one that exposes their postion. I have never seen troops leave vehicles before getting shot at, though I have seen them leave their vehicles after taking fire that can't possibly hurt the vehicle. thanks, John.

gdpsnake -> (8/4/2001 3:08:00 AM)

I think the men debark because the unit you move next to runs a morale check to attack. That check makes your men debark the same as if they were fired upon. It's sort of an "attempted attack" that chickens out but you debark to fight the threat. Much better than when they pass the check and blow the halftrack apart. I'm sure I haven't seen my men bail if I move next to an already spotted/surpressed enemy unit.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI