Why? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

siRkid -> Why? (10/24/2003 10:59:57 AM)

Why can't we have a Turn Based game that uses graphic like in the RTS games? Take Medieval Total War for example, I would love to see that game turned base.

Fredflak -> (10/24/2003 8:46:16 PM)

Well i'm not sure what you mean. But if you mean a 3D engine for battles in a turn based game. Well you will find that in the Combat Mission games, they are turn based where you give orders for the turn, and you can watch the action in 3D.

laika -> (10/27/2003 8:10:38 PM)

Well, there is a good game turn-base with 3d graf. Only problem it is set in future. Take a look at battle Isle 4 (Andosia War) .I played that one for a hole time. i loved it even it wasn't a ww2 setting.

[url]www.bluebyte.net[/url]

greetz

Hertston -> (10/28/2003 8:05:30 AM)

[QUOTE=Kid]Why can't we have a Turn Based game that uses graphic like in the RTS games? Take Medieval Total War for example, I would love to see that game turned base.[/QUOTE]

I think the simple answer is that turn based games are pretty much a minority interest, and don't sell (relatively) that many copies. There are exceptions of course.. Civilisation springs to mind.

Those sort of graphics take a lot of man hours, and money, to develop. As in a turn based game they would be nothing but eye candy, they aren't necessary, and although more copies would be sold I doubt the extra sales would cover the extra development costs. You might want to check out the Silent Storm demo though, that looks pretty good.

EYSA isn't quite the same thing, it has the graphics because the 3D environment is integral to the game... more so than most RTS games.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI