Bug squashing (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

mogami -> Bug squashing (10/27/2003 3:36:07 AM)

Hi, Pete you read the "squash you like a bug" out of context. I said in reply to the Japanese being super advantaged that I would run the allies and squash him like a bug. Meaning I didn't belive in the Zero Betty Nell myth and dispite their supposed advantage would take the Allies and squash the Japanese like bugs. I didn't say I would do it as the Japanese.
You seem to be missing the point. I don't admit to any Japanese advantage. So the people that claim it exists should be more then willing to use it against me. None of you (I include you , since you have posted the same things many times now without ever posting anything in support) has ever been willing to run the Japanese and prove these claims. I could hardly deny they exist if after 2 months of scenario 14 with me as allies the Zero had shotdown 200 Allied fighters while losing 100 or less. I'd also have to as allies conduct operations to capture Japanese held bases. I could hardly avoid air to air combat. (or the list of USN ships sunk by Betty/Nell attack would prove the point there)
Since I contend I can not only protect my ships while conducting offensive operations and win the air battle agaisnt the Japanese why would anyone consider it a valid test to have anyone else run the USN? That is what TJ did and called it a test. I submit. That since I am the one who claims the allies do not suffer from the early bias built into UV that I am the one who should run them to prove it. How can anyone claiming a Japanese advantage turn around and run the Allies to prove it? (In a solo test it would be very easy for them to run the Japanese and not have to worry about me running the allies but he does not do that. Instead he runs the allies and then posts bad results. I run the allies and post good results. I've never doubted that TJ achived his bad results. My contention has always been that it is TJ that produces these results not a built in game bias. My proof has been and remains the fact that no one but TJ gets such bad results at such a steady rate.

In short. I do not disagree with TJ. I believe he gets bad results. But unlike him I do not attribute his bad results to the game.

How about sending a first turn scenario 14 to [email]Mogami99@aol.com[/email] then you can test with me.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI