Advance or Defend? (Pros & Cons) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Bernie -> Advance or Defend? (Pros & Cons) (10/27/2003 4:32:59 AM)

What are the specific advantages or disadvantages to the "advance" and "defend" postures in the game? I've toyed with them, but can't see they make much difference. Are they only "functional" under C&C? [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Don Doom -> (10/27/2003 5:19:58 AM)

Well, let me see...

1] In advance[meeting] you both are moving or jocking for a better los or position than your friend[ :rolleyes: ].

2] In defence you wait for him to come to you.

3] They both have their good and bad sides: in advance you can move around looking for a opening to attack through, which to some is good and bad as you can move yourself into a corner and get your A** handed to you!

4] In defend it depends on how you setup, if you have the troops and equipment to properly setup fire lanes or zones, your attacker will bleed himself just to get to your front lines.[without using a mine field six hexes deep! :mad: ] If not then he can have a hard or easly time getting through your front lines!

Hope this made a muddy question even mudder. :D

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI