Bug - Squadron commanders death during transfer (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support

Beery -> Bug - Squadron commanders death during transfer (11/3/2003 2:38:17 AM)

I don't know if I'm the only one this is happening to, but I thought I'd mention it here. I transferred a squadron to another base, and during the transfer my squadron commander was killed. After that I couldn't close the window or do any further actions. I could save the game however, and this seemed to get rid of the problem (although since I never went back into that unit during the scenario I'm guessing there could be other AI/control issues with it). Naturally, this bug is going to be hard to replicate, and it's possible to work around it, so it's not a huge deal, but it's kinda annoying.

pasternakski -> (11/3/2003 2:57:11 AM)

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. This is a known bug, and it has happened to any number of players. The only real workaround for now, AFAIK, is to exit the game and resume from the last save. The result when I have seen it is a complete freeze-up of the game, and I wouldn't trust the game's stability by playing past it even if you have the option to save. It's a real pain in a PBEM game, and we can only hope that a fix is in the works for the eventual next UV patch (which is starting to look like a post-WitP release event).

sven6345789 -> RE: Bug - Squadron commanders death during transfer (3/8/2004 12:29:30 PM)

Exactly the same thing happened to me too!
And I could reproduce it several times.
When you saved the game, did the window work again?

Sven

Apollo11 -> RE: Bug - Squadron commanders death during transfer (3/9/2004 3:22:54 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beery

I don't know if I'm the only one this is happening to, but I thought I'd mention it here.

I transferred a squadron to another base, and during the transfer my squadron commander was killed. After that I couldn't close the window or do any further actions. I could save the game however, and this seemed to get rid of the problem (although since I never went back into that unit during the scenario I'm guessing there could be other AI/control issues with it). Naturally, this bug is going to be hard to replicate, and it's possible to work around it, so it's not a huge deal, but it's kinda annoying.

Always save game before you start transporting squadrons around... [;)]

If error occures just reload...

Leo "Apollo11"

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI