Movement indicators (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket

wobbly -> Movement indicators (11/6/2003 8:57:45 AM)

I now have the game - thanks Rob for the heads up regarding purchasing in Oz.

Just a little suggestion that may or may not be necessary (it isn't likely to be required for experts) but when you move your units around it would be helpful if the movement was a 2 step process.
By this I mean you click on where you intend to go, a green trail then travels from current hex to destination, in each hex a movement (op expenditure) digit is included. If you are happy then you click the hex again and the unit makes its move. Have this a setting so it can be turned off (saving a mouse click).

I know there is an overlay for op expenditure for each hex (in my opinion this adds too much to clutter), and I know you can have the shading turned on to show legitmate moves.

This idea would just be helpful to explain why you are getting restricted from one hex to another - helpful for newbies like me :)

Gregor_SSG -> (11/6/2003 10:17:12 AM)

[QUOTE=wobbly]I now have the game - thanks Rob for the heads up regarding purchasing in Oz.

Just a little suggestion that may or may not be necessary (it isn't likely to be required for experts) but when you move your units around it would be helpful if the movement was a 2 step process.
By this I mean you click on where you intend to go, a green trail then travels from current hex to destination, in each hex a movement (op expenditure) digit is included. If you are happy then you click the hex again and the unit makes its move. Have this a setting so it can be turned off (saving a mouse click).

I know there is an overlay for op expenditure for each hex (in my opinion this adds too much to clutter), and I know you can have the shading turned on to show legitmate moves.

This idea would just be helpful to explain why you are getting restricted from one hex to another - helpful for newbies like me :)[/QUOTE

Just select a unit and hold down the left mouse button rather than clicking. The green arrows will appear, and OPs remaining in each hex you can reach will also be displayed. Just let the button up to move. If you button up over the unit itself, it won't move anywhere, so you can explore without risk.

Gregor

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI