Age of rifles. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

varjager -> Age of rifles. (9/28/2000 1:39:00 AM)

Any one still playing this? I was just wondering because it started out as a good game.But then there was all this small things about it.Like Gettysburg when you enden the first day you got sent back to the starting line for day two.Very boring if yu had crushed the yankees the first day.

Jsherfy -> (9/28/2000 2:24:00 AM)

Yes, AOR is a really good game, but there are some strange things about it. I started the Gettysburg scenario several times but I was always disappointed in how agressive the south was and it seemed like there were just too many casualties in that first engagement so I did not get past it. I generally enjoyed playing some of the other wars. Franco Prussian etc. Not being an expert I cannot say, but I would suspect the casualty rates were a bit much in the game. It might have been better if there was more disruption and less actual loss of men in combat.

von Curow -> (9/28/2000 3:41:00 AM)

I don't play anymore, but I played the HELL out of it for a long time... and then a second time. It is definitely a classic game. I actually agree with Jsherfy, the Civil War scenarios seemed to have all kinds of play problems, but the other battles were a blast. (I loved flanking the computer and rolling up his line!) The gaming world definitely needs some kind of infantry era game to come along that was as fun as that one. (The ones that exist just don't catch my fancy much.)

troopie -> (10/1/2000 1:39:00 AM)

I had very few problems with AOR. Losses not carrying over in campaigns was one. Excessive casualties was another. Also small engagements didn't work very well. But it IS a classic. I played it almost daily for more than a year. And just last night I started the Franco-Prussian War for the second time. troopie PS: Once again, could we get Norm Koger to do an AOR2 for Matrix? ------------------ Pamwe Chete

varjager -> (10/5/2000 5:06:00 PM)

I would like to se a remake of AOR. Where the starting lines would remain from the first day of battle.That whould be a very good game.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI