Question about gun teams (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

peter hellman -> Question about gun teams (8/20/2001 12:41:00 AM)

Hi there. I've been wondering what purpose does the Gun teams and Pack mules have? Okay, I've read in the manual that they haul guns. Does it mean that if for example my main gun in my PZIV break down, I go search a gun team and they'll repair it? I tried that, but didn't work. Does anyone know? Thanks

Gen. Maczek -> (8/20/2001 12:52:00 AM)

It means anti tank guns and field guns, but only up to a certain weight. Load them as if you were loading onto a vehicle.
Regards.
Gen. Maczek

peter hellman -> (8/20/2001 12:56:00 AM)

So I load the weapon/equipment that's broken onto the Gun team, and when I unload the weapon/equipment it's fixed, or maybe is? Can't test the routine on the computer I've got available right now, but I'm curious as hell Thanks for answering.

nexus -> (8/20/2001 1:01:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by peter:
So I load the weapon/equipment that's broken onto the Gun team, and when I unload the weapon/equipment it's fixed, or maybe is? Can't test the routine on the computer I've got available right now, but I'm curious as hell Thanks for answering.
nope!!! they just towing guns like prime movers or trucks.... frank

peter hellman -> (8/20/2001 1:41:00 AM)

Okay, ahaa. Now I got it completely. Thanks.

Supervisor -> (8/20/2001 2:06:00 AM)

Depending on the experience of the gun team there is always the possibility of them fixing it during battle (only if it malfunctions randomly and is not damaged from an attack). The same is said for immoblized units and other equipment malfunctions so if possible keep your teams with the equipment and they might be able to repair it, you'll get a notification of the sort if they are successful. [ August 19, 2001: Message edited by: gmenfan ]

nexus -> (8/20/2001 2:57:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by gmenfan:
Depending on the experience of the gun team there is always the possibility of them fixing it during battle (only if it malfunctions randomly and is not damaged from an attack). The same is said for immoblized units and other equipment malfunctions so if possible keep your teams with the equipment and they might be able to repair it, you'll get a notification of the sort if they are successful. [ August 19, 2001: Message edited by: gmenfan ]
guns team help repairing equipment??? shure? thought only engineers do that. strange... any ideas about my 2 pounder question? (own thread)

Randy -> (8/20/2001 2:14:00 PM)

Don't forget the German Army was not totally mechanized, and still relied on horses.

Arralen -> (8/20/2001 3:51:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by nexus:
guns team help repairing equipment???
shure?
thought only engineers do that.

..in fact, neither do that. There's a slim chance each turn that damage (gun malfunction, immobilized etc. .. the usual 1-point damage) is repaired by the crew.
(Hand-)weapons should be repaired faster than immobilization IIRC, but I wouldn't bet on that .. turn numbers seem higly random, but expect at least 10 turns for stuck vehicles. Only thing engineers helps with is 'entrenching', or 'getting into cover' as it is called now. Hope this helps (and is at least remotedly correct ) A.

Belisarius -> (8/20/2001 4:05:00 PM)

As long as the crew is unsuppressed, they're likely to fix equipment malfunction quite fast. At least that's my experience. I've never had any serious trouble with equipment. Ofcourse, MG's jam every now and then, but that's only one more reason to deploy units with covering fire. Tank crews seem to be able to get their vehicle moving again in almost all cases (if not, again, they're being fired at). I assume that immobilized tanks often are stuck on, or in, something and needs a bit of bending and breaking to get loose. And clearing jammed guns/cannons was a pretty routine job, I imagine?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI