British 2 pounder gun in the desert (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

nexus -> British 2 pounder gun in the desert (8/20/2001 12:54:00 AM)

hello. just noticed that the 2 punder qhf (or so..) IX gun has different penetrating rating. is there a newer gun with exact the same name ?? see cruiser,mathila,crusader I tanks,and compare their 2 punder gun with them on the newer crusaderīs !!! why havenīt the better gun another name or number??? btw: british equipment looks very good at june 1941 but seems to be quite useless in battle (cruiser tanks for example,they are not as good as Pz. III g or higher..). what weapons do you like in desert from the british (except mathilda) thanx

Resisti -> (8/20/2001 5:16:00 AM)

They got a shipment of Shermans from USA in 1942,too..

Supervisor -> (8/20/2001 5:48:00 AM)

I'm not a historian of OOB expert but from what I can see in the OOB editor is that there appears to be an improved version of the 2pdr that became available a little later in the war starting in Nov 1941. This is of course just a SWAG(Scientific Wild Ass Guess).

john g -> (8/20/2001 5:49:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by nexus:
hello. as Pz. III g or higher..). what weapons do you like in desert from the british (except mathilda) thanx
40mm bofors AA gun, ever since I played AH's Tobruk where it had that awesome aquired fire rate. 6pdr AT gun, I actually put together a battery of these in 1/72 scale when I thought I might change from 1/285 to 1/72 scale micro armor. Enfield rifle, the best bolt action military rifle, I liked it so much I bought one.
thanks, John.

Possum -> (8/20/2001 8:13:00 AM)

Crusader I's They look good, go fast, are deadly if allowed to get the first shot. And die with spectacular effect. Honey's (Stuart I) Go fast, nice armor, nice gun.
very good infantry support vehicles. 25 Lbdr, A great gun, can be used as a Infantry gun, an ATG, or as artillery!

nexus -> (8/20/2001 5:43:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Possum:
Crusader I's They look good, go fast, are deadly if allowed to get the first shot. And die with spectacular effect. Honey's (Stuart I) Go fast, nice armor, nice gun.
very good infantry support vehicles. 25 Lbdr, A great gun, can be used as a Infantry gun, an ATG, or as artillery!

in my testing game i noticed that crusader and cruiser tanks are almost useless against pz. III types....if they have 2:1 or more number they got a chance i think. HEY FOLKS:i wanted your fave weapons only from 1940 to June 1941!!! any idea why the 2pounder gun has ecxact the same name,although the 2nd version is much more powerful????? now starting my e-mail game as britain in 1941. wish me luck. i will need it....

marko -> (8/20/2001 6:24:00 PM)

I like Cruiser IIICS's. Although they have crappy armour they are fast and the 3.7" howitzer is just great. It works well against infantry and armor too, because it's got AP-rounds. But you'd better get the first shot!

panda124c -> (8/20/2001 10:38:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by nexus:
[QB]
any idea why the 2pounder gun has ecxact the same name,although the 2nd version is much more powerful????? QB]

Better ammo better penetration. The British change how they build the 2lb warhead giving it better penetration.

Paul Vebber -> (8/20/2001 10:45:00 PM)

These are labled "L" for late in the new OObs they represent going to capped AP, the original uncapped AP was much less effective. There are similarly several version of the 6lber gun and the M3 75mm in the new OOBs. ITs a bit of a kludge, but eh best that can be done until the various round types are specified in CL.

nexus -> (8/21/2001 2:37:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber:
These are labled "L" for late in the new OObs they represent going to capped AP, the original uncapped AP was much less effective. There are similarly several version of the 6lber gun and the M3 75mm in the new OOBs. ITs a bit of a kludge, but eh best that can be done until the various round types are specified in CL.

thankīs for info.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI