New German AFV Icons (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Matt R -> New German AFV Icons (2/6/2004 8:37:33 AM)

Hello Gentlemen -

Here's a preview of some new German icons I'm working on. I'm going to try to redo them all, which is going to take a while :( but I'm having fun doing it. I'm trying to pick a vehicle and do all of its offshoots (ie. Panzer IVs here).

Anyway, glad to see the forums are back online. Let me know what you think about my icons. They're real grainy, but the forum won't allow anything other than .gif and .jpeg files. What happened to .pngs?

Thanks,
Matt.

Muzrub -> RE: New German AFV Icons (2/6/2004 9:14:11 AM)

Hi, nice work.

Is the one on the top right supposed to be a Nashorn?

If it is it should be a little longer, larger crew area and the gun should be longer.

Once again keep up the good work!

Belisarius -> RE: New German AFV Icons (2/6/2004 12:16:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Muzrub

Hi, nice work.

Is the one on the top right supposed to be a Nashorn?

If it is it should be a little longer, larger crew area and the gun should be longer.

Once again keep up the good work!

Smallest Nashorn in mankind.

That looks like a Wespe to me. ;)

Good work, Matt! You set a new standard. [&o]

parusski -> RE: New German AFV Icons (2/6/2004 6:58:22 PM)

Those icons look great Matt. Keep us posted and good luck.

Oxtane -> RE: New German AFV Icons (2/8/2004 1:39:24 AM)

They are excellent! Keep up the good work.

Matt R -> RE: New German AFV Icons (2/8/2004 8:11:14 AM)

Hello Gentlemen -

Thank you all for the nice comments. They are very much appreciated. That topmost AFV is indeed a Wespe. However, I'm having some trouble with the game's color palette. My icons look horrible in-game.. looks like I need PSP. Am in a serious financial crunch right now, so it'll probably be summer before I can afford a copy of it. I'll have to limit myself to grey German vehicles and maybe a few greens Allied ones, palette permitting. It seems to have no trouble at all with grey, but hates tan and brown [:@][8|]

Anyway, thanks for the comments. Perhaps I'll be able to do a general SHP update in the future.

Take care guys.

Thanks,
Matt.

Voriax -> RE: New German AFV Icons (2/8/2004 8:34:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matt R

looks like I need PSP. Am in a serious financial crunch right now, so it'll probably be summer before I can afford a copy of it.

At least they used to have a 30-day trial version of PSP available... Of course before one really learns to use it that 30 days is over.. [:'(]

Voriax

Muzrub -> RE: New German AFV Icons (2/9/2004 10:18:47 AM)

Smallest Nashorn in mankind.

That looks like a Wespe to me. ;)

The reason I said Nashorn is because I thought all the pictures were based on the PzIV chassis.
A Wespe is based on the Pz II chassis.

Kevin E. Duguay -> RE: New German AFV Icons (2/9/2004 4:20:55 PM)

Matt,

In some cases to get a starter color I wanted to work with, I used the EYEDROPPER tool to pick up a color and then placed it somewhere away from the Icon I was working on so I could use it again easily. With some Icons I created a whole series of COLOR STRIPS. When the Icon is compleat just paint over the Strips in the background pink tone. All I have to work with is the basic paint program that came with my computer. I did'nt even know it existed untill about a year and a half ago!
Go figure!?

Have Fun and good luck. Any Questions just ask!![;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI