Nubmer of ships in port (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

pauk -> Nubmer of ships in port (2/7/2004 11:55:33 PM)

greetings to everybody, nice to see all of you again...

Is the number of ships in port matter for ships repair? In my recently PBEM game i noticed this situation. I pull all of ships from Truk (size 9 port) because i need them on duty, at the same time in Rabaul (also size 9 port) i have plenty of different type ships. When i put 2 DD's in Truk (with sys damage 5) it starts repair imediatly: next turn, both of their damage drops to the 4, next turn one of them drop to the 3, turn after another DD drop to the sys damage 3. Meanwhile, in Rabaul i havn't noticed such fast repair proces. After this, i brought some other ships in Truk (6) and repairs were slow down.

I want to know if the number of ships in port have some influence on repair process (will almost empty harbour will repair faster few ships then if the port is full of ships?)

Oleg Mastruko -> RE: Nubmer of ships in port (2/8/2004 2:27:57 AM)

I wonder who or what damaged your ships? [sm=00000619.gif]

I don't think no. of ships has any relevance re speed of repairs, but repairs are randomized to a high degree. Sometimes ship won't repair a bit for days and days (in large harbor) then suddenly will gain sys point repaired per day several days in a row.

Also, consider that smaller ships repair faster. Large ships - BB, CV - repair veeerrry slowly.

I don't know whether crew experience plays any role, but since low-EXP ships tend to be APs, that are returned to PH or Tokyo when damaged routinely, anyway, I don't care if it does.

DDs in large harbor (9) with sys damage up to 30... that's repairable for Jap in foreseeable future. Anything worse than that (larger ship, more damage, smaller harbor...) usually merits returning to Tokyo for repairs.

O.

Drex -> RE: Nubmer of ships in port (2/8/2004 6:20:01 AM)

If you have a number of ships in one port that need repair then it stands to reason that the repair forces are divided and the process will take longer. It is better to develop Kavieng, Rabaul and Shortland into size 9 bases then you can send ships to Truk and the other three bases for repair at a faster rate.

Zeta16 -> RE: Nubmer of ships in port (2/8/2004 6:28:15 AM)

How much of difference in time is there between a size three on up.

pauk -> RE: Nubmer of ships in port (2/8/2004 2:21:45 PM)

keep guessing who was black-hearted buccaner damaged my ships[:@]
[;)]

guys, thanks for replies, although are totally different
i guess i should start my own test....

foliveti -> RE: Nubmer of ships in port (2/8/2004 2:38:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drex

If you have a number of ships in one port that need repair then it stands to reason that the repair forces are divided and the process will take longer. It is better to develop Kavieng, Rabaul and Shortland into size 9 bases then you can send ships to Truk and the other three bases for repair at a faster rate.

It may stand to reason that the number of ships in port requiring repair will affect the time needed to repair the ships, but I am pretty sure that it is not the way UV works. It looks at the size of the port and I believe the size of the ship and goes through some sort of randomization to come up with repairs

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI