Wargamer Forums timeline? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -> Wargamer Forums timeline? (2/8/2004 4:37:34 PM)

Just inquiring, as it is painfully clear, that Matrix Games and Wargamer are closely linked, is there any easily specifiable timeline when the Wargamer forums will be back up and running.

I can understand that the "this forum will be back in 2-3 hours" is a templated comment, and could as easily read 2-3 days. But it must be detracting from the public's perception of what's happening.

I am currently assuming it suffered pretty much the same effects Matrix Games suffered.

As Matrix Games has its own forums up, just curious if anyone can give an insider remark about how things are doing for Wargamer's forums.

Can anyone hazard to make a guess at the timeline needed to restore those oes as well?

Currently chuckling over all the obnoxious post traffic that has been lost along with the valuable :)

I hope management is at least has using this interruption to lay out some established ground rules and parameters.

Veldor -> RE: Wargamer Forums timeline? (2/9/2004 7:45:26 AM)

I think someone or someone(s) need to learn what backup tapes are........

That or they need a pair of EMC SAN's complete with Mirrorview for live synchronous copying of data between systems. It starts a bit under a quarter of a mil implemented.

Seriously though tape backups are about the only option here. The one catch is someone has to actually put the tape in and make sure the backup job actually runs. Sounds like it would be easy right? Guess what it actually is.

But you would be suprised how often its not done. And thats just one more reason companies spend millions on SANs.

Easy to criticize but when is the last time anyone here did a full backup of their home system?

Just doesn't seem important at all until you loose everything...

IMO the sad truth is its not until a company or individual suffers a great loss that the greatest gains are made. Perhaps they are "re-engineering" everything for the better as well.

That reminds me.. I better go back up my source code... [;)]

Black Cat -> RE: Wargamer Forums timeline? (2/14/2004 6:23:00 PM)

Are The Wargamer Forums still down ?

When I try to log on I just get an error message ....[&:]

Marc von Martial -> RE: Wargamer Forums timeline? (2/14/2004 8:20:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Veldor

I think someone or someone(s) need to learn what backup tapes are........

That or they need a pair of EMC SAN's complete with Mirrorview for live synchronous copying of data between systems. It starts a bit under a quarter of a mil implemented.

Seriously though tape backups are about the only option here. The one catch is someone has to actually put the tape in and make sure the backup job actually runs. Sounds like it would be easy right? Guess what it actually is.

But you would be suprised how often its not done. And thats just one more reason companies spend millions on SANs.

Easy to criticize but when is the last time anyone here did a full backup of their home system?

Just doesn't seem important at all until you loose everything...

IMO the sad truth is its not until a company or individual suffers a great loss that the greatest gains are made. Perhaps they are "re-engineering" everything for the better as well.

That reminds me.. I better go back up my source code... [;)]

The only problem is that our backup failed. How much **** can happen at one day [&:][;)]

Marc von Martial -> RE: Wargamer Forums timeline? (2/14/2004 8:20:52 PM)

http://www.militarygameronline.com/forums/

They´re up and running.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI