Mafia (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Pippin -> Mafia (2/13/2004 10:48:09 PM)

Not realy related to wargaming but.. has anyone checked out Mafia? After downloading the demo i'm pretty sure I will never buy it. Even with a high end graphics card the framerate would get rediculously slow that it was practicaly unplayable in any battle with nemerous gang bandits aproaching.

I tried to tone down the settings yet still not much luck.

Marc von Martial -> RE: Mafia (2/14/2004 3:15:54 AM)

Then there´s something wrong with the rest of your system Iwould assume. Mafia is IIRC 2 years old now? Great game btw, friend of mine is completly addicted , still [;)]

What´s your system setup?

Pippin -> RE: Mafia (2/14/2004 11:06:03 PM)

Hmm. I have half a gig system ram. Then another 128 megs ram on the Geforece4 for my athlon system. So I am just confused as to why the frame rate is bad. I even dropped all the graphical settings, and still it’s like no speed increase. Oh well just one of those mysteries.

NaKATPase -> RE: Mafia (2/15/2004 1:10:33 AM)

Perhaps the demo was not as optimized as the final product?
I run a 1.1 ghz with 768 mb RAM and a ge4mx440 64 mb video card and the full version game runs great.
Really well designed game imo, truly like an interactive movie.

Fallschirmjager -> RE: Mafia (2/15/2004 1:14:33 AM)

I like GTA more

Tomus -> RE: Mafia (2/16/2004 12:08:18 PM)

Mafia is one of the best games ever made IMO.

The story line, graphics and characters are all superb. Very underrated.

wodin -> RE: Mafia (2/20/2004 11:33:34 PM)

Mafia is the only FPS game that kept me going until the end. Superb. The car race bit was bloody hard though.

Wodin

ravinhood -> RE: Mafia (3/4/2004 6:30:28 PM)

You think the car race bit was bloody hard. Bloody give Grant Theft Auto Vice City a go and tell me how easy that "remote controlled helicoper" mission was to succeed!!! I tried that mission 100 times, that's one hard som beach. I still haven't completed it.

UndercoverNotChickenSalad -> RE: Mafia (3/4/2004 7:35:26 PM)

give Grant Theft Auto Vice City a go and tell me how easy that "remote controlled helicoper" mission was to succeed!!! I tried that mission 100 times, that's one hard som beach. I still haven't completed it.

[8|] Took 2 tries.

ravinhood -> RE: Mafia (3/4/2004 8:45:20 PM)

LOL will you come to my house and do it for me then? ;) or is there a bypass to that mission so I can continue the game?

Tomus -> RE: Mafia (3/8/2004 6:36:01 PM)

GTA Vice City doesn't get any easier from there either the missions are frustratingly hard there is a boat mission that is times one mistake and you fail the mission.

I think GTA is overrated. The missions are no fun at all. Just races against the clock. Mafia is better.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI