Icon Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

Xargun -> Icon Question (2/17/2004 12:32:04 AM)

Been playing UV for a few days now and keep seeing an icon of an airplane with a red circle and line through it at various places on the map - usually over bases, or fleets... What does this mean ? I can't find any reference to it in the manual and it has happened on fleets to far to be protected by CAP - which I thought it might mean. Can someone shed some light on this for me ?

Xargun

Zeta16 -> RE: Icon Question (2/17/2004 12:34:07 AM)

It means planes are grounded due to weather at that base.

Drex -> RE: Icon Question (2/17/2004 12:35:02 AM)

Has tto do with the weather and tells you planes can't fly at those bases but it doesn't seem to stop recon. You can get better cloud icons at Spanky's UV site.

ViperMaul -> RE: Icon Question (2/17/2004 1:05:20 AM)

What is interesting is that these icons show up in the oddest places, like in the middle of the ocean, perhaps this is from the enemy TF? In other words a bug?

pasternakski -> RE: Icon Question (2/17/2004 1:09:25 AM)

It also means that you can't air attack enemy TFs at those locations, although your port, airfield, and ground attacks will go through (with reduced effectiveness due to the heavy cloudiness that will be reported to you in the air combat/bombardment screen).

If you don't like the "planebusters" graphic, there are several substitutes available (I think they have all migrated to the UV fansite previously mentioned). I use the "spindly-legged sheep," not because it's so great, but because it's better than the original and doesn't obscure too much of the underlying information. Besides, it's fun to talk with your PBEM opponent about how "I sure am glad my damaged carriers had a sheep to hide under last turn" and the like.

rogueusmc -> RE: Icon Question (2/17/2004 1:42:22 AM)

what is the address to spanky's site? I've seen it but it's been a long while.

pasternakski -> RE: Icon Question (2/17/2004 2:48:24 AM)

I don't remember, either, but if you search for "spooky" (yeah, not "spanky" or "spunky" or "sphincter" - says "What?" - or whatever) and "uncommon valor fansite," you should get there.

SouthernAP -> RE: Icon Question (2/17/2004 3:00:46 AM)

Spooky Uncommon Valor Fansite

rogueusmc -> RE: Icon Question (2/17/2004 3:50:10 AM)

cool......thanks. I found it well ago. The other guy said it was spanky and i couldn't find that.....lol

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI