How does the covering work? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

xafemo -> How does the covering work? (9/1/2001 3:31:00 AM)

Hello to all,
How does the covering work? With my question I refer to the following thing: for example, I enter with one of my units in a hexagon that has a highway under with rough land; what covering does it govern here?
Thank you for your explanations.

Paul Vebber -> (9/1/2001 4:19:00 AM)

There are two aspects to cover - the protection given by the terrain in the hex (ie rough is "excellent" see the manual for a terain effects listing (manual.pdf - view with adobe acrobat) The other aspect is the state of the troops. Moving fast (2 hexes or more) and the cover has much less effect. Move cautiously (1 hex) and the cover has greater effect, stay stationary and move of the cover is available. Stay stationary and get "in -cover" status ot have full protection of the cover. Hopefully that helps

SAMWolf -> (9/1/2001 4:29:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber:
There are two aspects to cover - the protection given by the terrain in the hex (ie rough is "excellent" see the manual for a terain effects listing (manual.pdf - view with adobe acrobat) The other aspect is the state of the troops. Moving fast (2 hexes or more) and the cover has much less effect. Move cautiously (1 hex) and the cover has greater effect, stay stationary and move of the cover is available. Stay stationary and get "in -cover" status ot have full protection of the cover. Hopefully that helps
I think xafemo was asking which terrain feature takes precedence. In his case, a road going through rough terrain. Does the road terrain apply or the rough terrain? I am guessing rough because the unit will try to apply the most favorable terrain.

xafemo -> (9/1/2001 4:31:00 AM)

Thank you Paul (I always take of the forum your explanations like a complement of the manual), but that it happens with my example, to the margin of the state of movement of my unit: to covering effects, does it govern the highway or the rough land?

xafemo -> (9/1/2001 4:39:00 AM)

Thank you Sam, your observation has much sense. To be able to him to confirm would be very well.

Paul Vebber -> (9/1/2001 10:08:00 AM)

The best type of cover in a hex is used for cover, the best for movement for MP cost - so a road in teh rough protects like rough, but costs MPs as a road. Terain is not cumulative though, so woods in a rough is treated as rough, for cover and movement, but blocks LOS as a woods.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI