Victory Hexes?? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support

rwatson -> Victory Hexes?? (2/23/2004 12:07:41 AM)

How do you tell at the start of a scenario what the objectives are??Are there points for holding or taking a town??All I can figure out is the object is obvisouly to kill as many enemy units as possible but get lost trying to figure out some kind of strategy when starting up a scenario.Thank you for any help

pterrok -> RE: Victory Hexes?? (2/23/2004 8:28:37 PM)

You need to use a couple of hotkeys...

The first is 'i' which turns Objectives on. It will put circles over all the cities which are objectives. This lets you know which cities you need to right-click on to read all the data about what time period you want to take it by, how many point you get for holding it, etc.

The other is 'n' which turns on the Names on the map. Usually, but not always, the name will have a nationality flag next to it which shows who gets the Alert Points if the attacker takes the objective. Note that taking the wrong objectives can give Alert Points to the DEFENDER!!! So you DON'T usually want to target those hexes unless you are doing very well, indeed.

Also remember that you can get a LOT of Victory Points for killing enemy units, so take some time right-clicking both on yours and enemy units to see if they are about equal or heavily favor one side. For example, Russian units are worth 5-10 in Across the Dnepr whereas most Axis units are 60-100!

rwatson -> RE: Victory Hexes?? (2/25/2004 1:59:23 AM)

Pterrok
Thank you for the reply,,Clears things up quite a bit for me,Adds much to what I find is an enjoyable game,,Thanks

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI