Error in scenario code ?? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns

joki -> Error in scenario code ?? (2/26/2004 1:00:42 PM)

Hi !

I played the senario Hill 312 , russian side, and at the turn 7 I got an error message saying " Error : 122 mm FH bty canīt arrive at 99,121" . There is only 79 hexes so it obvious that it canīt enter hex 99,121. Is this an error in scenario code or just a onetimer ???
Donīt hit me now but I played SPWAW 5.01 at the time.

Jonas

Voriax -> RE: Error is scenario code ?? (2/26/2004 1:14:05 PM)

Hello

That unit seems to be an off-map arty unit so it is not supposed to enter the map. Perhaps there is some sort of 'trick' to get an off-map unit work as reinforcement...is that scenario included with 5.01 or did you download it from somewhere? It just might be that the scenario is made for a newer version of spwaw and simply does not work properly with 5.01.

Voriax

Warrior2 -> RE: Error is scenario code ?? (2/26/2004 2:36:48 PM)

They were probably set to be a reinforcement for that particular turn. Check your arty menu to see if they become available at some later turn.

joki -> RE: Error is scenario code ?? (2/26/2004 3:30:21 PM)

Voriax -
It was included with 5.01 and as you say, it might be a trick to get it on-map as a reinforcement or there has been a miss to delete the "hexpointer".[&:]

/Jonas

Voriax -> RE: Error is scenario code ?? (2/26/2004 4:12:10 PM)

Hm, checked that scenario...and yes, that error message appears in 8.01 also. However it does not matter as the unit will be available for bombardment. Oh and the scenario definitely does not work when played from Russian side, just as the intro text warned.

Voriax

joki -> RE: Error is scenario code ?? (3/10/2004 11:21:21 AM)

Voriax -
I played it from the right side and got message there too but as you said: it does not matter. The unit available anyway.

/Jonas

Resisti -> RE: Error is scenario code ?? (3/10/2004 12:48:15 PM)

Redleg, author of this scenario, has fixed it, and sent me the revised version.
It will be included in next patch.

joki -> RE: Error is scenario code ?? (3/16/2004 11:47:09 AM)

Hi

Another funny thing happend during this scenario( Hill 312, SPWAW ver 5.01).

I moved a truck to pick up a GE engineer unit, loaded the unit onto the truck using the load button when the truck was highlighted, then pressed the undo button.

Following then happend:

The truck returned to its starting point with the rifle unit loaded !!
How about that ???

/Jonas

tracer -> RE: Error is scenario code ?? (3/22/2004 5:34:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: joki

Hi

Another funny thing happend during this scenario( Hill 312, SPWAW ver 5.01).

I moved a truck to pick up a GE engineer unit, loaded the unit onto the truck using the load button when the truck was highlighted, then pressed the undo button.

Following then happend:

The truck returned to its starting point with the rifle unit loaded !!
How about that ???

/Jonas

That's one I never heard before! Though the few times I've used that button it was only to 'undo' a unit moving, not for any other action.

Voriax -> RE: Error is scenario code ?? (3/22/2004 11:58:19 PM)

I had to try this..and yep..it happens[:D] Not a scenario related bug but a generic one..I created a test scen just for this...

Voriax

rbrunsman -> RE: Error is scenario code ?? (4/6/2004 9:15:10 PM)

I've heard of that. It's a way to cheat against the AI.

AJVa -> RE: Error is scenario code ?? (4/6/2004 11:41:52 PM)

Yup old one.
http://www.matrixgames.com/default.asp?URL=http%3A//www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp%3Fm%3D68883%26mpage%3D1%26key%3Dteleport%26%2368884

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI