Please help! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> The War Room

pahvilaatikko -> Please help! (2/26/2004 10:18:14 PM)

Hi!

I'm very green with this excellent game and I really like to know if there is any basic strategy guide available? Concerning questions like how big TF's should I make or how to run supply routines and such.. I know mastering the airspace and fluent supplying is the key basics but how do I make these work? There's so many little things I should make before pressing "end turn"...[&:]

redman1 -> RE: Please help! (2/26/2004 10:51:57 PM)

This message board is probably the single best place for strategy and tactics info. Read the FAQ's thread at the top on the main board to start you off. I've actually printed those threads out and put them into the 3-ring binder that contains the game's users manual.

Burkowski -> RE: Please help! (2/26/2004 11:46:49 PM)

Hi.

The "greenness" will take a while to wear off... I've been playing against AI (for available time reasons) on and off for about a year... I suggest you get used to using the search feature in the forums whenever possible to find what you need (somebody had asked your questions in your words or in others).. and don't give up easily.. it has all the land mines (key word problems. jargon, etc.) associated with any academic-type search function... just try it out and, if you don't get a response, think divergently in terms of terminology, etc. ... be encouraged.. the game is so rich, you NEED time to break yourself in.... jadedness won't replace greenness for a long time, and when it does, you'll have WITP...[8D]

Burkowski

neuromancer -> RE: Please help! (2/27/2004 9:17:59 PM)

Welcome to the South Pacific!

I've found that when I play this game I end up always having to play 'just one more turn'! Which means before I know it I'm still up at 3 AM with work in the morning!

I think - and I know it's a cliche - its actually a fairly easy game to learn, but rather difficult to master. And quite fun (for people into WW2 Strategy Games). I'm pretty impressed by the AI too.

So to Matrix, I have this: [&o]

CMDRMCTOAST -> RE: Please help! (2/29/2004 8:59:42 PM)

Go here and a lot of your questions will be answered...

http://uncommon-valor.chez.tiscali.fr/ [8D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI