I-121 class Subs (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support

Tuli Vapaa -> I-121 class Subs (3/2/2004 11:44:45 AM)

I have played only couple of months, so there might be compleately logical explonation to this, but it kind of bothers me.

That is, I-121 subs are marked as mine laying subs in ship information roster. They have line telling that class is equiped with 2 mine tubes and 42 mines in each that is 84 total. However, when finaly got my hands on I-121 (I-122, to be exact), it had no mine weapons in ship info page. Only 4 topedo tubes with 3 reloads and a deck gun.

I used it as minelayer anyway and noticed something. When it's equiped with mines, it loads them normaly, at least what other subs, expect Agronaut does, takes two reloads of torpedoes and replaces them 2 mine reloads for each tube. Now sub would have 8 mines total. But in I-121 class case, the reload number is red, not white, and I pressed the refuel at port button and took another look. Now the number was 42 in four tubes and single torpedo reload. That means 168 mines! I presume it's a bug, but is the real thing mine laying sub with 84 mines, or non minelayer with 8 mines?

swagman -> RE: I-121 class Subs (4/17/2004 7:24:04 AM)

I recently received I-121, and it arrived with NO mines. When I created a sub-minelaying task force, it reported loading mines, but I think only two reloads showed (which is what a normal sub receives).

I think I then left the sub docked in Truk for the next turn. I may have then clicked re-supply from Port, but it then had its full compliment of mines loaded.

Apollo11 -> RE: I-121 class Subs (4/19/2004 1:29:20 PM)

Hi all,

For IJN I-121 class subs to lie minefields you have to create "Submarine Minelaying" TF at turk and then refuel the TF (if you don't refuel it will carry just 4 mines) to mission...

Leo "Apollo11"

Tuli Vapaa -> RE: I-121 class Subs (4/21/2004 11:32:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

For IJN I-121 class subs to lie minefields you have to create "Submarine Minelaying" TF at turk and then refuel the TF (if you don't refuel it will carry just 4 mines) to mission...

Leo "Apollo11"

I have noticed this. Problem was that when you refuel it, sub gets double the number of mines compared to statistics on ship info screen. That is 4 tubes of mines, instead of two. This means that three subs in this class have more mines than allmost any minelayer in game. Good luck getting anything out of Noumea in one piece....

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI