Fuzzy Dice!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket

JanetReno -> Fuzzy Dice!! (3/9/2004 10:22:13 AM)

Is it just my imangination or does KP throw better dice for itself?? I've had odds so high that I only had a 1 in 6 chance of a bad outcome.....BAM I get it!!but the most common is A1-D* . Most of the time I have a 50/50 chance of good outcome but again BAM!! Did they take a page out of the Bush's book?? And make "fuzzy" dice??[&:]

Rob Gjessing -> RE: Fuzzy Dice!! (3/9/2004 11:14:44 AM)

Its your imagination.

Fred98 -> RE: Fuzzy Dice!! (3/9/2004 2:15:29 PM)

The theoretical average is 3.5

Over the long run you will achieve 3.5

But for important dice rolls you will always thow a 1 or 2 - and you must plan for it.

For the unimportant dice rolls you will always roll a 5 or 6 - bringing up the average to the theoretical average.

Tomus -> RE: Fuzzy Dice!! (3/9/2004 6:07:07 PM)

Especially on ATD I find that everytime I need to clear out one of the Russian units that are threatening my supply lines I always roll a *-* or an A1-* even on a 10-1+ odds.[:)]

peter hellman -> RE: Fuzzy Dice!! (3/9/2004 8:25:13 PM)

Is there any way to see the dice average like in TAO 240?

JSS -> RE: Fuzzy Dice!! (3/10/2004 12:42:18 AM)

"Q" hot key will cycle you to the dice stats.

BrubakerII -> RE: Fuzzy Dice!! (3/10/2004 12:56:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe 98

But for important dice rolls you will always thow a 1 or 2 - and you must plan for it.

For the unimportant dice rolls you will always roll a 5 or 6 - bringing up the average to the theoretical average.

Man how true is that! I think we should call that SSG's Law [:D]

Rob Gjessing -> RE: Fuzzy Dice!! (3/10/2004 1:20:38 AM)

Remember also what Roger said.. if your PC isnt level then this can effect the dice rolls.. and I have found if you get the timing just right, you can 'nudge' the results by giving your PC a bit of a hit as the dice are just coming to a reset.. but dont hit it too hard or you could damage your PC. I stuffed one of my hard drives doing this very thing! :(

JSS -> RE: Fuzzy Dice!! (3/10/2004 2:52:07 AM)

I've always found that holding the CPU out a second floor or higher window and threatening to drop it will cause the CPU to ignore the rules and give me 5s and 6s whenever I need them[:D] Had to drop my old computer a couple of times[:@] That really got the attention of my new computer[X(] Of course you do have to hold it level as mentioned above or it doesn't help.[;)]

JSS

JanetReno -> RE: Fuzzy Dice!! (3/10/2004 6:54:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JSS

I've always found that holding the CPU out a second floor or higher window and threatening to drop it will cause the CPU to ignore the rules and give me 5s and 6s whenever I need them[:D] Had to drop my old computer a couple of times[:@] That really got the attention of my new computer[X(] Of course you do have to hold it level as mentioned above or it doesn't help.[;)]

JSS
I love the concept!! Sort of like my throwing coffee on the hard drive to speed it up. My next computer "toy" is going to be a shotgun. For software disks that don't work right,etc.

BrubakerII -> RE: Fuzzy Dice!! (3/14/2004 11:49:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Gjessing
Remember also what Roger said.. if your PC isnt level then this can effect the dice rolls.. and I have found if you get the timing just right, you can 'nudge' the results by giving your PC a bit of a hit as the dice are just coming to a reset.. but dont hit it too hard or you could damage your PC. I stuffed one of my hard drives doing this very thing! :(

Decisive Pinball, now there's a concept! Will take some modding though but the 'nudge' is already programmed in ;)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI