Game Play Problems (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support

thebeis -> Game Play Problems (3/13/2004 3:01:01 PM)

Hello, I am new to the list. I have been playing UV for a while and have the following problems:

System - UV version 2.30, 2.5G cpu, 512 RAM, 80G HD, Voodoo III video,

1. I can not turn off Combat Summary. No matter what the setting, the combat summary always comes up. Annoying when I want to run a full week of turns.

2. Is there any way to turn off the sound? When I set the sound volume to zero, the game still slows down when the sounds would be playing.

3. After a long time of playing "Hot Seat with my son", (about an hour) the game really slows down and is very prone to locking up my computer. (My work around is to save often, exit the game and reboot.)

4. After exiting UV, I need to reboot. Seems like UV causes a real slowdown.

5. I have set the time delay to .1 for everything, yet the little black text boxes sure seem to stay on the screen for much longer than that.

This is a great game. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

thebeis

rogueusmc -> RE: Game Play Problems (3/13/2004 10:24:22 PM)

Unless the Voodoo or the RAM is bad, you shouldn't be having problems with slowdown. Is there alot of junk running in the background? I had alot of adware slow me down a while back. I downloaded a few spyware programs and updated virus scans and it cleared up.

thebeis -> RE: Game Play Problems (3/15/2004 4:28:05 AM)

I have turned off everything I can. Only Win XP Pro running now. Still have the same problems.

Does anyone elses UV do the same thing? I can live with the computer slowing down and having to reboot.

Thanks again.

rogueusmc -> RE: Game Play Problems (3/16/2004 2:42:19 AM)

beyond what i had earlier, i can't help ya. i'm running windows 2000....trying to stay away from xp.

Lee

DoomedMantis -> RE: Game Play Problems (3/17/2004 3:01:12 AM)

Ive never had any of the issues you are talking about, and cant think why they would slow up, as each turn gets renewed after the combat replay finishes

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI