Campaign idea (Do you like) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Drake666 -> Campaign idea (Do you like) (5/24/2000 7:30:00 AM)

I got this idea to do a long German campaign, 50+ Battles. It will not be as fancy as Wild Bills campaigns or as hictoric but it would have custom maps and custom computer force buy and setup. It would have many deffrent kinds of battles and stuff. What I would like to know is if you guys would like a campaign like this?

Desert Fox -> (5/24/2000 10:28:00 AM)

Can you even fit 50+ into a user generated campaign? Would be nice, if you can. Think I might do that for an Allied campaign. Might take a few months though. Designing it would be an epic within itself. Hey, I'll play yours if you play mine.

Drake666 -> (5/24/2000 10:42:00 AM)

Looks like 16 is max. That blows my idea up. Gess im to us to Panzer General 2 were you can do that.

Bondy -> (5/24/2000 12:10:00 PM)

I thought the limit was 999 connected scenario's - maybe that's in the upcoming SPWW2?

Wild Bill -> (5/24/2000 1:46:00 PM)

As an alternative, you could design a series of campaigns. North Africa, then Sicily, Italy, or even further back to Poland. 1. First campaign: Poland - France 2. Second " : North Africa - Sicily 3. Third Campaign: Western Europe 16 x 3 would 48...that is close to your fifty I think it would be great and you might surprise yourself and outdo me. Its been done before and I can live with it [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] The Wild One ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

Desert Fox -> (5/25/2000 12:56:00 AM)

Ouch, thats a nice idea to create 3 campaigns, but you just can't keep the same core units through each one. Of course, I suppose it would be ridiculously easy to rip apart the later battles with super elite troops. Still, it would be nice to make the units carry over from campaign to campaign. Do you suppose its possible if someone could hack the data files?

Wild Bill -> (5/25/2000 2:48:00 AM)

I think realistically, units particpated all the way through the war, (ex. 1st Infantry Division...Big Red One), BUT very few, if any units survived the entire war. It would be fun but somewhat unrealistic. The units would have suffered major personnel changes. Example, 21st Panzer Division, wiped out and rebuilt, and others. Only Sgt Rock and his squad or their Hollywood counterparts would have made it that far. I still like the idea of the 3 campaign series and if you don't do it, I might [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img] . Someday, somehow, sometime. Wild Bill ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

Sabot Scott -> (5/25/2000 3:43:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Drake666: I got this idea to do a long German campaign, 50+ Battles. It will not be as fancy as Wild Bills campaigns or as hictoric but it would have custom maps and custom computer force buy and setup. It would have many deffrent kinds of battles and stuff. What I would like to know is if you guys would like a campaign like this?
I love your idea. I prefer German OOB's (more like a modern air-land maneuver doctrine force). I would also like the option of being able to create a saveable core force template which could be used in any scenario or campaign. I get kinda "attached" to some of my boys after a few "near run" things. Thanks Scott

Drake666 -> (5/25/2000 5:00:00 AM)

Wild Bill The reason that I would like to see this is that I would like to see a campaign between the long WWII one and the user made one. Like have a long campaign like this start of easy and you build your force up and when stalingrad rolls around things start to get harder and harder and by wars end if you got any of your force even left you are very lucky.

Wild Bill -> (5/25/2000 5:21:00 AM)

Sounds good to me. I say, "do it." I hope it will be done...WB ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI