Up Coming News (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

BryanMelvin -> Up Coming News (10/2/2001 9:53:00 AM)

FYI SPWAW FANS: A new campaign will soon be released by the Raider's. Yes, the Raider's are still here and busy working on many projects. At the SP Arsenal site, we are working on several Campaigns and have one in the finishing stages that will be posted on the Arsenal soon titled -- Fight Along The Merderet Summery-- June 6, 1944 - the invasion of Normandy began with a massive allied airborne drop during the night. The purpose of these airborne landings were to protect the flanks of the seaborne invasion beaches so the allied troops landing by sea could move quickly inland and thus relieve the airborne troops. The area behind the Beach, code named Utah, was the right flank of the invasion. The 101st and 82nd Airborne divisions landed behind Utah beach. The 101st objectives were to secure the causeways leading to Utah beach and secure bridges across the river Douve. The 82nd Airborne Division's job was to secure the key town of St. Mere Eglise and establish bridgeheads across the Merderet River. This campaign involves the battles fought along the Merderet River by the men of the 82nd Airborne Division. The initial airdrop scattered the men of the Airborne divisions all over Normandy. Slowly, groups of scattered troops meet up with each other and began to attack the German forces in small Villages and Towns. Lt. C. Timmes landed near Le Fiere where he crossed the flooded Merderet River collecting scattered troops along the way. Upon hearing small arms fire from the Village of Amfreville, Timmes assumed that other airborne troops have taken that town. He established a rally point in an orchard to the Northeast of Amfreville where stray Paratroops could collect; meanwhile, Timmes went on to Amfreville. Here, our SPWAW campaign begins. You will have the chance to fight the Battles fought in Timmes Orchard, La Fiere, and Hill 30 - known as Shanley's Hill as part of the US 82 Airborne Division. The campaign branches to these areas which is dependant upon the type of Victory or Loss incured. You may decide to lose a battle just to explore the Hill 30 battles or see why 24 German's in la Fiere Manor are holding up the advance of 300 fellow US Paratroopers or just sit tight with Timmes in that Orchard where it is safe You will explore these battles on detail terrain maps of the actual battle sites. Yes the Raider's are busy with many projects and this is only one. Another campaign is in the works which involves Tiger's -- shhh no more about that now So stay tuned in for further annoucements

Wild Bill -> (10/2/2001 11:52:00 AM)

Great news, Marauder! Gotta love these campaigns...Wild Bill

pops -> (10/2/2001 9:27:00 PM)

I eagerly anticipate the new campaign(s)....thanks!

RockinHarry -> (10/4/2001 1:24:00 AM)

Ah...looking forward to them.
Still need testers, Bryan? ______________
RockinHarry

BryanMelvin -> (10/4/2001 6:56:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by RockinHarry:
Ah...looking forward to them.
Still need testers, Bryan? ______________
RockinHarry

RH - yes I do.. email me and I'll set you up with a test of this campaign

Pantherblaster -> (10/4/2001 10:25:00 PM)

Ah, yes another campaign. But, hey I'm a greedy fellow so I want MORE!!!! You don't have time to talk about this new campaign, go get me some more (please), get back to work private!!!! And good luck keep up the great work buddies! Regards, Pantherblaster

Drex -> (10/5/2001 2:34:00 AM)

There's always room for another campaign from The Raiders.

m10bob -> (10/7/2001 10:31:00 PM)

AIRBORNE,ALL THE WAY....EVERYDAY.....FEEL GOOD.....REAL GOOD......I WANNA BE AN AIRBORNE RANGER.....I WANNA LEAD A LIFE OF DANGER!!!!!!!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI