artillery observers? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

El_Peco -> artillery observers? (10/2/2001 3:54:00 PM)

Which is the exact function of these units?
I think that they improve artillery accuracy, but I didn't notice any difference using or not using them! Thanks and regards.

11Bravo -> (10/2/2001 4:37:00 PM)

Use these units to call in artillary. Select the FO, then hit B to set up some artillary strikes. The main difference is that shorter times are observed before the shells land. In some cases (U.S.) the differences will be remarkable. There may be other differences as well. Note that the FO must be the man to call in the artillary. Simply having him in the OOB does nothing special that I know of. [ October 02, 2001: Message edited by: 11Bravo ]

Kluckenbill -> (10/2/2001 10:31:00 PM)

Also - if you are playing with C&C on, it takes an order to call in artillery. Therefore you can use up your FO's orders on artillery fire and save your unit commanders for other actions.

Nikademus -> (10/4/2001 4:44:00 AM)

also, be sure to check the FO unit's 'Artillery' leadership score. As i've found out personally, being a FO unit does not automatically make the unit experienced at it's craft. I have three two-man FO units in my current Soviet campaign and I found out after having selected them that their artillery scores were nearly as abysmal or as abysmal as many of the other non-specialized units!!! Heh, my AO unit tops the list at a whopping 69. So be sure to chk those scores before conducting your tests.....they make a biiig difference in effectiveness by putting the fire on target (along with having the target hex under observation)

hnh3_sp -> (10/4/2001 6:46:00 AM)

Yes, there seems to be an FO bug with ARM and ART leadership reversed. I use the included Chlanda SPWaW Editor to switch the two values.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI