Dioramas (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Kokoda -> Dioramas (3/21/2004 12:17:49 AM)

This isn't really my 'bag, man', but I thought some members may be into models, dioramas etc. These are really excellent, and this guy obviously puts the odd minute or two into these creations. They are modifed in great detail. Works of art. There are other gallaries besides this one.

http://www.dioramafile.com/gallery1.htm

Well worth a look!

Major_Johnson -> RE: Dioramas (3/21/2004 1:06:59 AM)

My models never looked like that when I was a kid!!! Pretty cool stuff!

Huffy -> RE: Dioramas (3/21/2004 2:33:25 AM)

Oh man...thanks for the link....I tried to make scenes like that when I built...but can you imagin the hours...
Tried to get my son started into building...but the cost now is increadable..wanted to get him a big Tiger tank for Christmas ... but ...just too much for that stuff...found a catalog....cheaper prices...so...maybe next Christmas...
take care all,
Huffy

Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -> RE: Dioramas (3/21/2004 2:57:55 AM)

Models are easy, dioramas, now that takes some skill :)

Getting something to look "real" is what determines if you have "polish".

Sergio Castaldi -> RE: Dioramas (3/21/2004 5:13:57 AM)

Thank you very much Kokoda !!!!

Sergio

Kokoda -> RE: Dioramas (3/21/2004 9:06:54 AM)

quote:

Getting something to look "real" is what determines if you have "polish".

Partly...I think the real key to a diorama is the 'story' it tells. This is part of what makes it look 'real', and gives it the final shine. I think Mr Kim does a good job at this too.

Warrior2 -> RE: Dioramas (3/21/2004 2:01:06 PM)

WOW! They are really cool, and with slight editing, they make great wallpaper on my machine. Thanks for the link.

thatguy96 -> RE: Dioramas (3/22/2004 6:09:42 PM)

Those are really nice...wish I had the time like I used to...so many model waiting to be built back home, and no time...I'll get around to it I'm sure...or they'll all be sold off in a yard sale [:(]

tracer -> RE: Dioramas (3/22/2004 6:48:50 PM)

Time? What about talent! I'm still trying to draw that priate on the matchbook cover.[:)]

John David -> RE: Dioramas (3/22/2004 6:52:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tracer

Time? What about talent! I'm still trying to draw that priate on the matchbook cover.[:)]

LOL

Beautiful tracer![&o] Me, I never could draw that stupid chipmunk!

JD

tracer -> RE: Dioramas (3/22/2004 7:07:56 PM)

I think we can assume the guy that did these
mastered 'Tippy the Turtle' a long time ago.[;)]

John David -> RE: Dioramas (3/22/2004 10:41:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tracer

I think we can assume the guy that did these
mastered 'Tippy the Turtle' a long time ago.[;)]

Yeah, and the bloody chipmunk as well I'm guessing![:D]

JD

Wild Bill -> RE: Dioramas (3/24/2004 12:30:34 AM)

Thanks Kakoda. In my day I did dozens of dioramas. I've even had them displayed at different hobby shops in the Atlanta area.

On one occasion, Terry Moore, of Channel 46 did a five minute special on my dioramas and miniatures on his program, "Moore in Atlanta." That was back in about 1996.

Of course I have a copy![:D]

But cataracts destroyed my ability for detail work. I've gotten rid of a lot of it, but still have some of my all time favorites, such as "Rorke's Drift," "Reno Retreating Across the Little Big Horn," "Incoming (Vietnam) and "The Grey's Charge (Waterloo).

Even now, over 5,000 1/72 scale figures, ranging from Roman Legion times to Desert Storm sit idly in my tool shed outside, continuing to gather dust. I guess no one wants them but me. They are some beauties!

WB

Wild Bill -> RE: Dioramas (3/24/2004 12:31:12 AM)

Maybe now that I have a digital camera, I'll take a few shots of my work and post them here...

Muzrub -> RE: Dioramas (3/24/2004 3:22:11 PM)

Wild Bill I would like to see some your work.
I make models myself and recently my girlfriend bought me an Aztec spray gun with a large variety of tips.So I am about to try painting very soon.

It really is anice little hobby you can loose yourself in every so often. Very relaxing too.

Major_Johnson -> RE: Dioramas (3/24/2004 9:12:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild Bill

Maybe now that I have a digital camera, I'll take a few shots of my work and post them here...

I for one would be interested in seeing them!! [:)]

Mark Ezra -> RE: Dioramas (3/24/2004 9:18:08 PM)

How about you shoot us a pic or two, WB...I'd love to see Reno's Retreat.

John David -> RE: Dioramas (3/24/2004 10:42:13 PM)

Add me in as one who would love to see your work Bill.

I never could draw to save my life, but I loved building models and model train set layouts. Maybe we can get a sticky going so you can post the digital shots on an ongoing basis!

JD

Wild Bill -> RE: Dioramas (3/31/2004 5:16:58 PM)

Well thanks, guys.

I don't think anything I've done could compare with the professionals but I do like to tell a story with them. Let me see what kind of pics I can get with this camera. If I am successful, I'll post a few of them.

WB

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI