(Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Tombstone -> (10/11/2001 1:25:00 PM)

1 SSF's engagement history in WW2 is pretty short. They kicked ass, took a bunch of casualties, took on some replacements... then disbanded I think. The 1st Infantry Division has perhaps the richest history, but to say that it was the best isn't realistic. They probably deserve as much or more respect for their contribution to and sacrifice in the name of the USA... but we have to factor in the expanded training that airborne units go through, and the fact that mobile units are given tasks that are more dynamic. 82nd/101st are good candidates. I also think that mobile units that saw a lot of action are good candidates, the infantry divisions just went through so many replacements that they really represent the hellish "normal" army experience. 442 was a brave and determined unit, but just cause it was wounded more than any other unit doesn't mean it was better than other units. I would vote for the 82nd... with 101st, and 2nd Armored close in line thereafter. Tomo

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI