Trouble Updating (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Coyotebd -> Trouble Updating (10/16/2001 9:09:00 AM)

I'm having some trouble updating. I had 4.5 and updated to 5.01, then 5.2, then 6.1, but when I start a game it says 4.5 I've downloaded the full 5.01 to do a full re-install after a defrag (cause I need it), but if that doesn't work I'll need some help. Can anyone give me some clues. I am not installing to the default directory (c:\program files\matrixgames\spwaw) I hope a fresh install will work and mostly want to try out my sig, thanks.

bchapman -> (10/16/2001 8:26:00 PM)

Coyotebd, Install the 4.5 version to the directory that you want it in. For the upgrades, install them to the same directory, but just under the Matrix Games folder. For example: You install 4.5 to "D:\MatrixGames\Steel Panthers World at War". For the 4.5 to 5.0 patch, install in to "D:\MatrixGames" and then do the same for each of the other upgrades. What happens with the patches is that if you use the default directory of MatrixGames\Steel Panthers World at War\, you get an imbedded folder named "Steel Panthers World at War" inside of the original "Steel Panthers World at War" folder. Also, after each update install you will need to reboot.
Hope this helps,

Coyotebd -> (10/17/2001 9:20:00 AM)

I just installed a fresh 5.01, then to 5.2, then 6.1 and it worked. I used the default directories and it worked fine. Thanks for the suggestion though. I had the problem with the imbeded folder an earlier time, but not this time. (I don't think)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI