Loss of HQ unit. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

King__Thunder -> Loss of HQ unit. (10/16/2001 8:10:00 PM)

It should be a penalty of -10, upp to -20 points for lossing HQ-unit (in morale) for all the troops in future uppdate of this gaeat game.
What do you think, for or against.

Larry Holt -> (10/16/2001 8:17:00 PM)

I do agree with this. If you want to edit a battle, you can change the value of a unit. Scenario editors do this all the time to force a player to protect a high value unit.

john g -> (10/17/2001 2:57:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by King__Thunder:
It should be a penalty of -10, upp to -20 points for lossing HQ-unit (in morale) for all the troops in future uppdate of this gaeat game.
What do you think, for or against.

If you read "The men of Company K" they would experiance a morale boost if their batt commander was killed off. They had nothing but disdain for the commanders that never visited the front, running battles from several miles in the rear. One spent his time as batt commander holed up in a cellar, afraid to show his head. It depends on the army whether the batt commander is liked or hated. Sometimes it is unit by unit.
thanks, John.

Tortfeasor -> (10/17/2001 3:04:00 AM)

When troops are defending their homeland and they lose their HQ, that is a big blow for their moral.
Is it to late to add a decreaseing effect for exterminated HQ-unit in SPWAW 7.0 [ October 16, 2001: Message edited by: Tortfeasor ]

skukko -> (10/17/2001 3:36:00 AM)

??????? There is penalty if your HQ dies suddenly; units can't rally, orders-pool is gone, some unit without radio is new HQ with low all values (if first company leader, captain, is killed also)... You are wanting more? ?????? mosh (kill enemy HQ in pbem and see how enemy gets feets under their bellies from Luger-shots...)

RolandRahn_MatrixForum -> (10/17/2001 5:14:00 AM)

I think that loosing the CO and loosing an entire HQ are two different things......
After the CO is lost, his 2nd in command will take over.
Now, what is a HQ unit?
Is it the battalion comander, his deputy, and some other staff?
In that case loosing the HQ would be something very unfortunate.
Or is it just the battalion commander with some foot soldiers attached to him? And one final thing:
At Goose Green, the CO was shot (I think he tried to take out an argentinian MG nest, but I haven't the particular book within range...)
His deputy took over (BTW: The CO and his deputy shouldn't be at the same place without need to do so) and won that battle.....
The fact that the CO had died fighing at the frontline isn't necessarily a morale killer, even if he was a good CO.
A living CO who hides behind the front might be a greater danger for the morale than a dead one. Kind regards,
Roland [ October 17, 2001: Message edited by: RolandRahn ]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI