Help with PBEM game. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center

h_h_lightcap -> Help with PBEM game. (4/3/2004 1:35:46 AM)

Anyone-----

Im playing a PBEM game and after my opponant sent me his turn 7 and I unzipped it and put it into email I loaded SP and went to play and it said "game not loading". Any ideas? I am playing another game and that turn worked fine---sent the same day used the same procedures........We havent had any other problems so far.. Confused.....

HH

Jim1954 -> RE: Help with PBEM game. (4/3/2004 4:20:31 AM)

I would get your opponent to resend the zip in question. Sounds like a corrupted file.

Goblin -> RE: Help with PBEM game. (4/3/2004 6:02:37 AM)

He may also have turned the game off too soon when he was saving.

Goblin

h_h_lightcap -> RE: Help with PBEM game. (4/3/2004 8:46:49 AM)

Thanks for the help ---but we tried resending and if you end the game too soon it just asks for the other players password- the game still loads. I am getting a message of "game not loaded" anyone seen that message before??

I need help with this cuz its the first PBEM i am winning!!!!! Viking is handing me my hat in the other game!!

HH

chief -> RE: Help with PBEM game. (4/3/2004 8:12:39 PM)

Goblin was not talking about ending the game persay, but he (your opponent) probably didn't wait until all the info was transferred to hard drive from game. It's not as fast as one may think. It's safer to wait about 30 seconds before posting your turn to opponent. my two cents.[8|]

VikingNo2 -> RE: Help with PBEM game. (4/3/2004 10:29:01 PM)

Unzip the files and look at them the time stamp on three of them should be the same if there not then your opponent will have to replay his last turn, the cause of this is normally as Goblin stated above, but sometimes it just happens and your not doing to bad in our game[;)]

h_h_lightcap -> RE: Help with PBEM game. (4/3/2004 11:13:30 PM)

Thanks again to all !!!! i looked at the dates and they are all different.......Viking you are wittling me down because i have no coherent plan----Im getting one real soon===coming in the mail.....Ha Ha

HH

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI