MCLV - Fort Stalin (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW

rbrunsman -> MCLV - Fort Stalin (4/5/2004 9:33:00 PM)

I just started the Fort Stalin battle and it appears to me that it is just not possible to win this battle. Of course, a draw is possible, but I just don't see a DV or MV happening given the rough terrain and the long distance you basically have to walk under, let's just say, discouraging arty attention from the Russians.

Has anyone done really well in this scenario?

Thanks

Bob

Jim1954 -> RE: MCLV - Fort Stalin (4/5/2004 9:53:03 PM)

Bob, is that the one with the large hexagon shaped fortresses that are over half way across the map?

Voriax -> RE: MCLV - Fort Stalin (4/5/2004 10:27:40 PM)

I think I got a MV, and I was *very* happy with it. Hard battle indeed.

Voriax

rbrunsman -> RE: MCLV - Fort Stalin (4/6/2004 3:23:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim1954

Bob, is that the one with the large hexagon shaped fortresses that are over half way across the map?

That's it Jim. It start with only 3 VHs, but every turn another couple pop up.

I'm getting hit with Medium Naval Guns, 152mm arty, 122mm arty, 120mm mortar batteries, and those Katyusha-13 Big-Ass Rockets we all know and love.[X(][X(]

It's hard to see how you can move very far over shell-holed, rough terrain while being pounded with arty.

I can use my HTs and Opels to shuttle men forward, but that has its own drawbacks.

Jim1954 -> RE: MCLV - Fort Stalin (4/6/2004 1:46:46 PM)

That's where I'm bogged down now. Switched over to MCSE to get some easier fighting. lol.
Voriax, post some of your tactical tips, please.

[:D]

RockinHarry -> RE: MCLV - Fort Stalin (4/8/2004 7:08:25 PM)

I think winning the sevastopol scenarios in 1941 is quite hypothetical, so the scenario difficulty is accordingly! Only "Manstein" like tactical geniuses shall win these ones![:D][;)]

Voriax -> RE: MCLV - Fort Stalin (4/14/2004 2:28:12 PM)

Hey Jim, it's been *ages* since I completed that MC...I really don't remember how I did it. Low casualties probably played an important part. Grrr..and it seems I've lost/misplaced/bugs ate my old LV saves...

Voriax

rbrunsman -> RE: MCLV - Fort Stalin (4/14/2004 7:05:39 PM)

The defenses seem to have disappeared after I punched through the first line of defense.

It's still raining heavy arty though.[X(]

FM Paul Heinrik -> RE: MCLV - Fort Stalin (5/19/2004 7:37:29 PM)

I started this scenerio as well. It is hard but so far, the bulk of my forces have out paced the arty barrages. The top group (initial wave) got delayed in that village and the arty pounded them, but the bottom group (3rd wave) has penetrated the first line of defense, opened up a hole and I've managed to pull all the middle group (2nd wave) through the bottom groups breech. I'm moving at a very good rate and my stukas are hitting any pill boxes that my recon runs into.

Next up is actually getting all my forces past the 2nd defensive line and onto the fort. I'm trying to get all my forces (2nd and 3rd waves) for an all out assault following a massive defensive arty smoke screen. I hope that works 'cause I'm afraid I'm running out of time.

I plan on using the first wave (the one that took a pounding through the village) to capture all the VH along the 1st defensive line.

Over all this is one of the funest scenerios, I've played in MCLV.

rbrunsman -> RE: MCLV - Fort Stalin (5/26/2004 9:33:12 PM)

I think you're going to run out of time before you get anywhere near the east edge of the map. The map is too rough to walk all that distance in the time allotted.

rb

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI